Chapter 8

They had made their way back to ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ and stood in the council room. They had moved the chairs that they had left there when they left to fight their previous battle. They had changed back to their normal forms, they cost a lot of energy to use and they needed to save it as they didn't know when the first generation was going to attack. It would have been better for them to learn with the larger screen, but Astaria wouldn't be able to help with that anyway since she tended to use magic to type in multiple places at once, so her hands were still free to do other magic at the same time. They were all in a circle, the admins all having their screens up in front of them but Lysabel was the only one typing. She was connecting to all the different camps they had set up where they had placed different members of the armies.

Xelqua wondered what Astaria was feeling with this as only the council knew that she was the High Leader, they probably would recognise her from saving them multiple times in the past but to them, she was just a powerful watcher that showed up out of nowhere. Now she was planning to tell them the truth, not necessarily how old she is, but that she is the High Leader and that she is both a watcher and an admin. He assumed there would be some specialists on the world's code out there who would know that something was up since there was code to make sure that didn't happen that was placed there a long time ago but he knew they had too many things going on to think of that as a major issue that needs solving. He guessed that if worse came to worse Astaria would just reveal her age rather than come up with a convoluted lie, at least he hoped so.

"The broadcast is ready to start when you are, we've connected to all the camps and passed the message along to those in charge to let people know to gather together if that is what they want," Lysabel said, having stopped typing on her admin screen.

Astaria looked towards her and said, "Let's get this going. We could still have the first generation attack at any moment,"

Lysabel nodded and pressed a few more buttons on her screen before doing one final nod in Astaria's direction before she and Gryff made their way to stand next to her. They had agreed beforehand that Lysabel and Gryff would start off by stating how Astaria is the High Leader before Astaria expanded on how she had both admin and watcher abilities and then led into an update on the current crisis. Xelqua, knowing the situation, just tuned out the first couple of minutes and the way he saw the others' eyes drift away from the three leaders in the centre of the room he assumed they were as well. He finally brought his focus back to the three when he saw Lysabel and Gryff move out of the area that was being broadcasted. They were also going to be following along with the teaching.

Cirrus was watching carefully as Astaria brought up her admin screen to start teaching them different parts of code. "There are parts of code that you won't be able to read, these are in enderian which is a forgotten language but the first generation will be able to access it. All admins should know the options for who will be affected by commands, but there are more which aren't shown but are made possible by the world's code being intertwined with everyone's core. I won't bet into the specifics, but for commands where you affect entities you can teleport a group at once. In the world code if you are a part of a group you become connected to that part of the code. An example would be Crismon Legion, when someone enters it the world would connect them with the coding of that group. So even though it doesn't come up as an option you can type the name of the group in and it will affect the whole group. So it can be used for mass teleportation or adding effects to others. You can also only access these commands if you are a part of the group or you have a higher ranking," Astaria started.

Xelqua had made his way to the back edge with Zyrex and Blaze. They were waiting for Astaria to be done, they couldn't take too much away from listening to her teaching the admins. Xelqua was trying to be productive, he was seeing how his regular magic level had been affected by him being able to access his powered-up form. He had actually noticed a small difference in the level of his power, which was a good thing since it meant that he was slightly stronger which would give him the edge if he couldn't go up to his powered-up form. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the admins close their screens and make their way to the edge so he and the rest of the watcher came closer to where Astaria was standing. "Spells for watchers can be combined, most spells involve the same core pieces. Rather than show you spells I'm going to show you how to craft your own. Spells such as a freezing time spell, though one requires a high level of magic, were created by combining the motions of changing the world's weather with the flick of the petrifying spell and other spells can be created that way. You can combine the shield spell with a fireball spell to create a wall of fire which can be sent towards your enemies," Astaria said as she went through the motion of the fireball spell and then the shield spell and created a wall of fire in front of her, "Most of you would know most of the spells there are now so there isn't much I can teach you on that front, and to increase your magic just takes practise. My advice is to just practise to get your magic level up and try out mixing spells,"

They turned off the broadcast and that's when Xelqua wondered if Xisuma was watching, or if any of the hermits were watching that. He really needed to talk to them, especially since he didn't get a chance after his battle on Hermitcraft and there wasn't a moment until now that he really could. He wondered if he should go up and ask Astaria if he could go and talk with them now, a part of him was worried that if he didn't do it now he may never have the chance with the battle of the first generation on the horizon. "Xelqua, you can go and check on them," Astaria said, having made her way over while he was deep in thought, "I have another task I need to do during this time but if you are needed someone would be able to teleport you back,"

"Thank you," Xelqua said, heading off towards the campsite where the hermits were.

WC~ 1209

A/N: Merry Christmas to those in some timezones who celebrate it, Merry Christmas Eve to those in other timezones who celebrate it and Happy Holidays to everyone else! 

If anyone has any questions about my AU feel free to comment them and I'll answer if I have some time!