Another World

~ Damien ~

"Damien Stanton, please report to the principal's office urgently "

I frowned, shifting my gaze to the bronze haired lady who stood in front of my desk. She adjusted her sad looking blue jacket and  weird looking glasses, before giving me a wink which felt a bit disgusting in the sight of the whole classroom.

"You heard the announcement, Mr Stanton... you're excused" , she said with a dull smile.

I chuckled dryly while trying to ignore how everyone  in the class peered at me, like I was some kind of clown.

"Um...am I in trouble, Miss Fiona? ", I asked.

"Well, you'll soon be if you remain here, asking me questions"

As she turned away from me, I shot a worried at my best friend, Dugan, before getting up. He nodded briefly before I walked out of the class, heading for the office.

Beads of sweat rolled down my face as I approached the office, after walking past an array of yellow lockers. I bit my lower lip and took a deep breath, before reaching out for the wooden door's silver knob.

My palm was too sweaty to even grab hold of the door knob, but I managed to maintain a slightly firm grip and finally twisted it open. I was immediately stabbed with the principal's same old cold gaze, causing my stomach to twitch a bit.

'I'm in trouble', I thought.

As I flung my gaze to the other side, it met with a young bald guy who was donned in a black tuxedo and dark sunshades. I swear, I could recognize him from somewhere...oh, he was my Dad's personal driver.

"Please take a seat, Damien", the principal instructed in her usual cold tone.

I hesitantly sat on one of the chairs facing her silver desk, swinging my gaze all over the whole place to catch a glimpse of the all feared 'principal's office'.

Its walls were neatly glazed with silver and had tiny patterns; besides the silver table in front of me, it was furnished with a gigantic wooden shelf which housed a LOT of books.

"Do you know who this person is? "

Her stern voice pulled me out of my fascination back to reality, and I quickly flung my gaze towards the baldie.

"Ye--yeah, he's my dad's personal driver", I responded and shot my worried gaze at her again.

I had to ask.

"Am I in trouble ma'am?"

She pinched the bridge of her nose and gently shook her in disdain, adjusting her blonde hair before glaring at me for a few seconds.

"How do I put this? ", She murmured.

"Put what? "

I leaned closer, peering at her lips in desperate anticipation of her next words.

"Your father is dead", She stated, with an expression void of pity.

My eyes widened and my jaws dropped as I slowly turned to the baldie beside me. He took off his dark sunshades, revealing his incredibly scarred face. It seemed like the glasses had some kind of camouflage which concealed his dreadful looking injury.

"I'm sorry, kid...it happened this morning", he said in a dry raspy voice.

I remained frozen while staring at him, and didn't realize that teardrops had already began to pour from my eyes.

"How did it happen?", I asked.

"He was murdered  this morning in the mansion, by some unknown goons", he replied in a sad tone.

I shut my eyes and mouth, sniffling as I wiped my away tears with a piece of tissue paper which he handed to me.

"Am I safe?"

I opened my eyes again.

My heart began pounding with fear and I couldn't stop creating images of me getting shot by masked goons in my mind.

"No, you're not...and that's why I'm here. Your father's last instruction was to keep you safe, even if it costs my life, and I'm here to take you somewhere safe".

He framed an uplifting smile at me.

"But first, we need authorization from your principal", he said before turning to her.

I inhaled deeply, shifting my furious gaze to the bitch who seemed not to give a damn sh*t about my current situation. She wore a straight look on her face and it irritated me so much that I couldn't hold it anymore.

"F*ck this bitch...", I spat, causing her to gasp.

I turned to the baldie;

"Take me to safety"

"You're expelled forever from this school, young man! ", She burst.

It was not like I gave a damn sh*t about what she said, after all I wasn't gonna return to school again - I damn hated there.

The baldie stretched his hand, revealing the small black, coin - shaped thingy which he was holding. Not knowing what else to do, I reached for it and blacked out immediately my palm made contact with it. 

********

I gasped, peeling my eyes open to find myself inside a car with the baldie sitting in the driver's seat.

"What just happened? ", I asked with a frown.

"That was teleportation... You'll get used to it."
I peeked through the the window and realized that it was true...I was actually in a car, parked outside the school building.

"How cool", I murmured.

"Strap  in", he instructed before tapping the screen to start the ignition.

Blood splashed into my face as I grabbed hold of the seatbelt, causing me to yell. I turned to notice that it was the baldie's blood I was bathed in, and there was a hole in his head created by the strange bullet. I began panting heavily, refusing to shift my gaze from what I had just seen.

'Are they after me as well?... If  yes, then I'm fucked', I pondered.

"Damien, get out of the car and come with me if you wanna live"

I flung my gaze to the left window beside me, and that was when I noticed a blue haired man dressed in a black jumpsuit, standing right beside my door.

Infuriated, I asked:
"Who are you? And why did you kill him?"

This guy stared at me for a second before pointing a sleek, black pistol at me;

"You can either sit here and ask princess questions, or come with me and avoid getting kidnapped by another one of your father's killers again ", his voice sounded harsh.

I darted out of the car and my eyes met with the same teleportation device which the baldie and I had used earlier, in his palm.  I exhaled as he lowered his gun away from my face.

'Not again', I murmured in my mind.

I hesitated to touch the device.

"I just have one question...where are you taking me? "

He shook his head in disdain, before voicing out:
"This world isn't safe for you any longer, so I'm taking you to another world just like your father requested"

"Now, touch the device"

I soon experienced another blackout immediately I touched the device.