Arrival

~ Damien ~

"Prepare for safe landing landing"

My eyes flickered open at the sound of those words but I could barely see anything, given the uncomfortable position I was in. I must've blacked out immediately we took off, because I couldn't recall anything else soon after we took off.

Gasp!

I was plunged forward following a suction sound, allowing me to unfasten my seat belt. My gaze shifted to Ryan whose fingers kept touching the colourful buttons until the glass dome slid open with a trilling sound.

As I jumped out of the craft, my gaze swirled around the whole place where I stood. We were in a huge hall which had a close resemblance to the first one we had visited earlier. It had all kinds of vehicles, including the ones I haven't seen, neatly strewn throughout the whole place; but unlike the other room, this one was lit up by glinting silver lights and had a few white concentric circles impressed on its black floor.

"Whoa!", I silently exclaimed in awe.

Ignoring my fascination, Ryan asked, "can you swim?"

"I can't"

I sighed, lowering my head as we approached the other side of the room.

"Then we'll have to take the Sonic riders instead", he responded in a cold tone.

I remained silent, trying to imagine what a Sonic rider looked like. However, I was yanked back to reality when two bald men suddenly appeared in front of the silver door we were approaching; their eyes were concealed behind thick dark glasses which suited the black leather jumpsuit they wore.

Wearing a frown as I turned to Ryan, I asked in a whisper, "Who are they?"

"Security"

His face contorted into a smile as he reached into his pocket and handed a white ID card to them. My eyes shot wide open when the left man took off his glasses, projecting a bright red beam of light at the card for a few seconds.

"You're him", the right man said to me in a surprised tone.

Puzzled, I averted my gaze to Ryan who obviously knew what was happening, given the plain look he wore on his face.

"What-what's--"

I got interrupted as they both took a bow in front of me, causing me to flinch backwards in utter confusion.

"Welcome home, my prince", they both chorused.

It felt as though my mind was frozen at the moment, making it unable for me to say anything.

"Grant us access", instructed Ryan.

They immediately stood upright, paving way for us to step through the door which belonged to an elevator. A moment of awkward silence existed between us while my gaze travelled around the brightly lit elevator, taking note of the strange white symbols which were impressed on its black buttons.

Ding!

We stepped out of the elevator, arriving at a brightly lit place which seemed to be a tunnel, given its arc shaped top and walls. The same strange symbols as the ones on the elevator's buttons were engraved upon its walls, highlighted in luminous blue color.

The echoes of our footsteps were the only sounds that could be heard, since there was no one except us. I couldn't help but wonder why such place was empty, and a lot of bad thoughts began zipping through my mind but I was too afraid to ask why.

A few minutes passed while we continued walking further away from our arrival point. The silence that existed between us was deafening, mostly because I was afraid of igniting a conversation with Ryan. I kept on stealing a gaze at him until I realized that he had been staring at his black wristwatch since we arrived there, wearing a frustrated look on his face.