Unsafe Haven

~ Damien ~

It felt as though I was phasing in and out of existence; everything looked blurry, especially the purple light which kept zooming in several directions. My mind became dizzied from all the loud screeches and wails that engulfed the whole atmosphere, but I remained too weak to get up and unable to think straight.

Amidst the pandemonium, I could hear Ryan's voice bang straight into my ears;

"Kid, we gotta go...get a grip of yourself"

A groan escaped my mouth as he reached down for me and gently crossed my other arm on his shoulder, allowing me to get up. The last thing I could see was a glinting beam of purple light, before  my whole mind got plummeted into thick darkness.

***********

"You're awake"

My eyes peeled open to the sight of a green-faced lady whose voice sounded calm and soothing. Her blank facial expression became replaced by a warm smile which highlighted her purple eyes.

My gaze travelled around the whole place from where I lay, until I realized that I was in an almost empty room, illuminated by a faint silver light that reflected through its wooden window.

"Wh-Who are you?...and where's this place?", I asked in an attempt to sit up.

"You should--", she tried to speak.

I groaned, falling back to the soft bed where I laid. I totally forgot that I had dislocated my right shoulder, mostly because everything I experienced earlier felt like a dream to me.

"I'm really sorry, you should lay still while I try to heal your injury...I couldn't do that earlier because I was tending to Ry", she explained.

"Oh, shit... Ryan, where's he?", I asked.

"He's outside...prefers to sit there and enjoy the view whenever he comes visiting"

She adjusted her long leather jacket sideways before sitting beside me, striking at me with the same warm smile as ever.

"You two know each other?", I blurted.

"We were once lovers, but..."

Curious as to what she would say next, I asked, "What happened?"

I noticed how her face crumpled into a mask of grief which didn't last longer than a second.

"That's a story for another day", she said.

An awkward silence existed between us for a second before she reached out for my dislocated shoulder; it was then I realized that I was bare chested all along.

A grunt escaped my mouth as she gently adjusted the affected arm towards her, and my gaze became fixed upon her palms which gleamed with a purple light. Her eyes flicked to assume the same purple hue, and I felt a cold sensation when both palms rested upon the injured shoulder.

She exhaled.

"You can flex it now", she said after taking her hands off me.

The cold sensation lingered only for a few seconds before my attempt to sit up. My eyes shone in awe while I began flexing the affected arm, albeit with ease; it felt as though the shoulder wasn't even injured at all.

"This is dope...thanks", I beamed.

Adjusting the few purple streaks of her long flowing black hair, she replied, "You're welcome..."

"So, who are you?...and what are you guys doing on this planet anyways?", she asked.

I sighed.

"It's complicated...I lost my dad and the same people that killed him are after my life, so this planet is supposed to be my safe haven...or at least that's what Ryan said"