A Surprise (Part 1)

It was the end of November and winters were on the verge of making an enthralling appearance. But Karachi was still having normal weather with occasional chilly nights but nothing more.

In the Khans' house there were present Umeed and Farjaad lying on the bed embraced in each others arms watching the TV with full focus. This was what they do after coming back from their respective workplaces tired and worn out finding solace in each other.
Just when the next episode's promo of his wife's favourite drama serial ended Farjaad said

"Acha bus Umeed ab news lagao dekho time hogya hy"

To which she replied

"Aik to pata nhi aap ko news mein kia milta hy Farjaad mulk k haalat ka Kar to hum kuch sakte nhi hein or aap bus itne interest sy ye baatein sunte hein"

"Acha na ab laga do. Dekho mein ny tumhare drame mein interrupt nhi Kia na please"

Sighing she picked up the remote control and changed the channel.

"Ye lein laga dein aap ki NEWS dekhein inhein mein ja rhi hun" , rolling her eyes.

Just before she was starting to get up from the bed he pulled her from her wrist causing her to fall on his chest.

"Arrey begum sahiba rukein to sahi bus thori der or bethein ye dekh k mein bhi chalta hun aap k saath" , with a signature Farjaad smile that he knew melts her every time.

Trying to hold her smile she stayed there unmoved to prevent him noticing the slight blush creeping up her cheeks.
Just when the weather report came which showed that there's a chance of snowfall in upcoming days in the northern areas of Pakistan Umeed sighed and said

"Haeee, kitna pyara mausam hoga na Farjaad wahan aap ko pata he mujhe bachpan sy Snowfall dekhne ka boht shouq tha magar Pasha sahab itne busy hote the k humein kabhi bhi nhi le k gae."

"You've never gone to the northern areas before?" , he asked seriously curious this time.

"Aik dafa gae the magar garmion mein us waqt snowfall nhi hoti na".

"Oh I see chalo choro in baaton ko aao so jaen subah jaldi uthna hy"

"Hm ok, goodnight dear husband" . She said pecking his cheek.

"Goodnight wifey!" , he replied kissing the top of her head.

They turned the lights and TV off and Umeed went into her valley of dreams in a few moments but Farjaad couldn't sleep because he was thinking something.

It was the end of the week and they were sitting on the breakfast table when Farjaad cleared his throat getting everyone's attention. When everyone including his mom, wife and sister turned towards him he said,

"Maa, mein or Umeed kal Islamabad ja rahe hein. It will take a week or maybe more because I am work on a deal currently so meetings wahan py rakhein hein. And Umeed bhi kaafi busy thi since she opened the café so I decided to take her with me"

His mom replied,
"Theek hy beta tum donon jao I'll handle everything here Umeed meri jan don't worry and relax I'll manage the café and everything."

Umeed got out from the trance she was in due to the sudden information she got and replied to her mother-in-law

"Jee mama thankyou you are the best."

After the breakfast they went to their room and she asked him hands on her hips,

"Baat sunein, ye baat aap ny mujhe pehle kion nhi batai or khud he decide karlia. I have a lot to handle Farjaad peechay café ka Kia hoga or maa k liay stress sahi nhi hy un py itna burden kion daalein hum?"

He sighed seeing his wife's panick state and put his both hands on her shoulders making her sit on the bed.

"Calm down meri jaan, kuch nhi hoga maa handle karlein gi or Mimi bhi to he they'll manage"

"Magar-"
Before she could say something he put his finger on her lips shushing her.

"Shhh, agar magar Kuch nhi we are going that's it and by the way I have a surprise for you which I won't tell you till we reach there so yeah start packing or haan shopping bhi karlena because wahan thand hogi to buy some jackets and other winter stuff. Okay?"

"Okay", she said nodding her head.

Little did she know what her husband has in mind for her this time.

To be continued....