Embracing a New Role

This chapter is written by the special request of FalishaHabib I know I'm super late and I'm sorry for that 😔 was too worked up. Ok here goes nothing 🤧.
______________________________________

It was half a year since they got married to each other and life for them was as beautiful as they ever imagined. From waking up in each other's arms to having busy days in their respective workplaces and coming back in their soulmates' embrace and enjoying the life to the fullest they both considered each other very lucky to find one another.

It was Farjaad's birthday coming soon and the first one after their marriage so Umeed was ecstatic about the plans she had made for her workaholic husband's birthday. She knew that he was not into the birthday parties and stuff but as it was his first birthday as her husband she wanted to do something memorable. So she started penning down the things and plans she needed to execute a perfect event for his special day.

Farjaad as expected of him wasn't bothered at all. He didn't like being celebrated but his Maa and Mimi always try to do something for him. Most of the times he forgot that it was his birthday and remembered when his mother and sister were all prepared when he came back home.

It was only a week left in his birthday and anxiety started to kick in already for Umeed she was afraid that what if she messes up things and the things doesn't go as she has planned or the surprise gets busted before the day in these anxious moments she usually forgets to eat or drink just busy in the little notebook she has made named "The Upcoming Endeavour". Just like other days Umeed was as busy as a bee today too that suddenly she was feeling dizzy and called Sara, the manager of her café who has become more of a right-hand for her in the business.

"G ma'am aapne bulaya?"

"Han Sara, meray liay aik pastry or aik cup coffee le aao please"

"Ok ma'am abhi lai"

She was about to leave but turned back while Umeed was again busy scribbling on the notebook.

"Ma'am aik baat poochun?"

"Hmm" she just hummed still busy.

"Aap ki tabeat to theek hy I mean mein note Kar rhi hun you look pale and tired these days"

"Han theek hun mein bus kuch nhi aaj kal busy hun"

"Ok ma'am I'll bring the coffee and pastry right away"

After nearly 15 minutes Sara came back with a cup of coffee and a pastry in a tray and put it on the table infront of her and left. When she was about to take a bite, she felt bile forming in her throat and she immediately put the spoon back and ran to the washroom and puked the breakfast she had had this morning out. After rinsing her mouth she came back and sat on her chair not wanting to even watch the piece of dessert sitting in the little plate infront of her and she started to think what even is happening to her work long forgotten she called Haya her all time go-to person.

As a medical student Haya was carefully analyzing the situation in her mind when her cousin was telling what is happening to her these days after Umeed ended her rant and Haya ended her contemplation she shrieked

"Umeeeeeeed!"

"Kia hogaya hy chilla kion rhi ho"

"Tell me when did you had your periods last time"

"Last month of course"

"And what about this month"

"My date was-"