Blending Lives

Hi guys. So this is a 3K special update. I'm so grateful for you all who have read this, keep loving and spreading it among all. Love ya loads 💗
______________________________________

A normal morning with the sun rising, casting it's hues in the horizon creating a beautiful blend of colours. The hues in which one wants to drown himself and kept casted under its spell.

The chirping birds making a soft melody which refreshes ones mind and brings peace and healing to broken souls and love and hope to the people of the planet.

A household in which the couple deeply and madly in love lives wakes up with the sun every morning except a Sunday because the lady wants to sleep the day out.

This was yet another usual morning with Umeed and Farjaad waking up cuddled up together with each other like the teddy bear stuffed with soft and delicate cotton. As the alarm rang and both of them woke up with yawns and hands on their mouths, looking at each other and pecking one another a good morning Umeed went to freshen up and Farjaad went to take the clothes out for the day for both of them. This was their daily routine now. As Umeed came back and changed into her track suit waiting for her husband to come out so that they can go out for their daily jog.

Farjaad came out in a track suit he already picked matching with his wife's and both of them went out of their bedroom. During their last lap Umeed asked him what are his plans for Mimi's birthday which is coming this weekend and they both wanted it to be special as it will be her last birthday in Pakistan before she goes abroad for the job she got. Farjaad replied that Mimi didn't want an extravagant party but she only wants a small, cozy and familiar environment, accompanied with a small celebration which includes a cake cutting ceremony and some fun games with stories.

They both made a plan and ordered a cake and the decorations they both will do it together with the help of Haya and Sameer.

*******************

The day has arrived and Umeed and Farjaad were busy with the decorations and were all relaxed thinking that everything is going on smoothly. But all their excitement and relaxation went down the drain when they got to know that the cake they ordered couldn't be delivered due to some reasons.

They were now worried thinking what will they do now, sitting on the couch of the living room racking their brains out. Suddenly Umeed jumped making Farjaad flinch and she screamed

"IDEA!!!"

"What Umeed?" , he said sitting up straight because at this time he could really use any sort of idea or advice that comes in.

"Why not we just bake a cake ourselves?", Umeed replied with glimmer in her eyes.

"Oh my god, yess why didn't I think of this before" , Farjaad said sounding like an excited toddler.

"Kionke aap Umeed Pasha nhi hein"

He just rolled his eyes and then she spoke again

"Magar aik problem hy"

"Ab kia hogaya hy Umeed"

"Cake banae ga kon? Mujhe to nhi aata", she said with a nervous smile and the tips of her forefingers tapping with each other.

Farjaad just groaned and put his head in between his hands in frustration.

***********************

After what felt like a decade, they both decided to do this adventure themselves by watching some YouTube videos and following the steps, it won't be that difficult will it?

They started with shopping the necessary items for the cake including flour, eggs, vanilla essence and other things for the frosting. Reaching home they started their work, tied aprons for each other and got started.

Farjaad was skillfully beating the eggs and Umeed was making the dry batter when he looked at Umeed who looked like a cat because she had whiskers made up of flour on her face. He laughed loudly looking at his wife and she glared at him guessing that something's on her face. In a try to remove it she messed it up more and he was now laughing his lungs out.
Thinking to even things out she took her flour covered hands and rubbed them on both of his cheeks. This time it was his turn to get angry and Umeed's turn to laugh at him.
This small banter turned into a flour fight and at the end of it they were covered in flour like they are a bunch of five year olds.

Looking at each other and bursting into laughter once again they thought to get back to work and they made the batter successfully. When Umeed took out the cake and was ready to frost it, Farjaad came and back hugged her dropping a kiss on the column of her throat and helped her to decorate the cake.

Umeed licked the chocolate which was present on her fingers and forwarded her fingers to him. He licked them while looking at her making her blush and then just when she was about to go he grabbed her wrist and told her that there was still chocolate present on her mouth before she attempted to remove it, he held her hands and kissed her. This kiss was soft and sweet full of love for one another.

*******************

After their sweet adventure, Farjaad went to their room to take a bath and change as the guests will be arriving anytime now whereas Umeed cleaned the kitchen with the help of Haya who arrived with Sameer moments ago. Farjaad got ready and came downstairs wearing a black kurta shalwar which never fails to give Umeed butterflies in her stomach.

Umeed went to take a bath and change and came back in a black anarkali with straight hair and jhumkas adorning her ears. Farjaad's heart skipped a beat looking at her and she just smiled at him with a blush tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

After sometime Mimi came with the elders and they cut the cake. The night was spent with Aaghu Jan narrating mischievous activities of the Pasha brothers and them being embarrassed whereas Mimi asked Niggo to tell some stories about her Baba because she was so small when he passed away. The night held bittersweet memories as everyone's heart was heavy seeing Mimi leave. But they masked it and prayed for her better future.

They played games like truth or dare, ludo and solitaire with fights and cheating going on. This is how their lives have blended in each other since the matrimonial union.