Chocolate and Questions

Days passed, and every time Roberta stayed late to restore items with her abilities, she'd drop a Tim Tam into the Sandstone Warrior's case. She didn't even know his name- she'd never asked- but she felt the need to offer him these donations, to ensure that he'd stay in his place. She didn't talk to him, though, as what was the point? He was a god, she was a mortal- it couldn't be any more obvious. To him, Roberta was probably nothing more than lunch. Still, if lobbing chocolate at a statue would prevent the apocalypse, so be it. Roberta knew that the cameras were only checked when there was a break-in, or when the security tags went off, so it wasn't like anyone would notice her weird behaviour after closing time. She was out before the night guards came in anyway, so there was absolutely nothing to fear.

Nothing to fear bar Kakyoin Noriaki, that was.

"That's a lot of snacks." Kakyoin remarked, seeing Roberta sequester several large packets of dark chocolate Tim Tams into her desk drawer.

"I, uh, like to stock up since I'm working late." Roberta muttered. Kakyoin would've been suspicious, but he understood, as his love for cherries showed.

"Well, I do the same with cherries. Jotaro tells me that I eat too much junk food, but you should see him plough through a whopper and fries as a "snack." The curator laughed, and Roberta joined in despite her anxiousness. It wasn't that she was scared of Kakyoin's rage, more that she was worried of letting him down, and losing the opportunity of a lifetime to work at this museum. If Wamuu got out and escaped, she'd be prime suspect. Those who didn't know would brand her a thief, and those who did know would see her as a fool who brought along the apocalypse at the hands of the Pillar Men- so for everyone's safety, she kept the Sandstone Warrior well-fed and stuck as stone.

As usual, the museum closed for the night, and everyone bar Roberta headed home. She repaired a little bracelet, got out the sacrificial Tim Tam, and walked up to the case.

"Feeding time." She said in a flat voice, and tossed it in. It was absorbed, and a crunching noise rang out as the statue turned his head to face her.

"What is your name, human?" He asked.

"Roberta Zombie. Why do you ask?" She replied.

"I'm simply bored of being alone, and looking for some company. You been feeding me xoxolatl..."

"We call it chocolate now."

"My father named it Xoxolatl, so that's it's name. You've been making offerings for over two weeks now, and yet I don't know a single thing about you besides your name." The warrior cocked his head, still entombed in stone.

"Well... What is there to say? I don't even know your name." Roberta sighed. Why was this statue interrogating her? Didn't he realise how fucking foul she was, how dislikeable? Roberta carried these thoughts around in her skull at all times, heavy as a leaden shroud.

"It's Wamuu. I've given you an answer, so now I expect one in return for my future questions. Quid Pro Quo, Roberta Zombie. It's only honourable."

Oh great. Just like Silence of The Lambs... Roberta thought to herself, but she indulged Wamuu. She'd rolled up her sleeves and taken off her jacket to do some restoration work, and her sleeves of tattoos were revealed as she sat cross-legged before the sandstone giant.

"My word, what are those on your arms?" Wamuu asked.

"They're tattoos. Don't you know what they are? Or were you too busy eating people to check their skin?" Roberta snapped.

"I'll have you know that I never ate innocents. Only those I defeated in battle, or those who had no honour in their way of wars. I'd turn them into vampires and eat them." Wamuu said, thinking back to the old feasting hall, stone bowl filled with pulque as his dozens of priestesses danced for him and his brethren.