Let's try this Again

The application process took a while, and the studying and testing took even longer, but eventually it was official. Wamuu, Santana and Esidisi were all officially citizens of Mexico, and thus protected from the SPW via international law. Whamerta had taken the test in the place of Wamuu (as they still hadn't unfused) and had passed with flying colours. The SPW had come clean about the existence of Stands and Pillar Men, yet had made it absolutely clear that no slumbering pillar people should be awakened, in fear of the New York Crisis happening again. Not only that, all Stand Arrows were held in secure vaults, as not everyone struck by one could develop a stand. Because of the reveal, there had been an enormous media storm over Roberta and Wamuu becoming one being.

The internet exploded, TV and the press went insane, and Monsterfuckers everywhere rejoiced. Whamerta had been on Oprah and Graham Norton, and publishers everywhere were clamouring for Esidisi's story as a prehistoric vampire who'd seen most of history. Financial aid from fans and supporters poured in from all around the world, and Whamerta took advantage of this by paying for better security in the museum, and for all manner of repairs so that it could inspire others the way it had inspired them. Kakyoin had even said that she could keep her job once Whamerta unfused, which left only two loose ends.

Roberta's mates and Wamuu's family.

It was a normal, dark December day, and the Big Apple Battle-axes were training at their usual spot. Without their jammer they were struggling (Whamerta didn't have half the roller derby knowledge that Wamuu did), and with the finals looming next week, tensions were high.

"Dammit!" Dana grunted, tripping over her skates. She tossed her box braids over a shoulder, and sighed.

"I miss Roberta." She pouted. "Whamerta's great, but they're not the girl I once knew."

"I wonder what happened to that Jorge guy?" Lizzie pondered, putting her mouth guard in. Just then, the gym doors opened, and a familiar figure walked through.

"Oh, hi Whamerta!" Kylie smiled. "How was London?" The fusion had been flown to London to talk on Graham Norton's show, and had just gotten back.

"Pretty chilly this time of year. I got you some British confections, though." They replied, handing Kylie a bag of Jelly Babies.

"Everyone, I've got a confession to make." Whamerta said to Roberta's team. The four girls faced them, and they began.

"Jorge didn't ever exist, he was just Wamuu in disguise. I'm sorry that I lied to you, there is no honour to it, but I had to come clean." They said, looking at their sandals.

"Hey, it's no biggie! Anyway, you had to cover for Wamuu or else his crazy dad would find him." Valerie grinned, giving finger-guns.

"Anyway, we've missed you. When are you going to unfuse? The Battle-axes need their star jammer back, as we're playing against the Austin All-Stars next week." Dana said.

"I can unfuse when both halves are happy to be themselves, and devoid of self hatred. It's hard, but... Ever since Mark leaving and being awakened from the museum, I've really felt confidence return to me. Fuck, I saved New York! And if someone as amazing as Wamuu can love me, just as Roberta loves him... Then maybe I deserve to be happy with myself!"

A bright light blazed from Whamerta, and they split apart into two people again, one tall and one short. Wamuu was squeezed into Roberta's work clothes of a collared shirt and black trousers with a pink blazer, and Roberta looked like a warrior princess in Wamuu's halter top, loincoth and gladiator sandals.

"We're separate!" The pillar man gasped, as Roberta covered her chest and blushed. He quickly handed her the blazer, and she covered herself up.

"Does that mean that I don't hate myself anymore?" Roberta asked.