Apologies

It was a good thing that Kylie was a demon driver when she needed to be, because now was definitely one of those situations. She stamped onto the accelerator, speeding down the streets of New York. Kars charged after them with a ferocious scream, as the pink convertible zoomed away. Kylie mounted pavements, performed hairpin turns, and generally drove in a manner like that of a Fast and Furious character.

"Where are we going?" Joseph asked.

"We're getting Kars away from the other stand users!" Kylie replied. "Now, does anyone want some gum?"

She offered a packet of juicy fruit to her passengers, as Whamerta held the decoy stone aloft.

"Give it to me, you traitor!" Kars yelled. "You're here to obey me, to aid my conquest of humanity and the sun!"

"Like hell I am!" Whamerta yelled.

"Yeah, what they said." Santana grunted. Kars screeched and ran faster, extending his bone blades, and Kylie saw the vampire approaching in her mirror.

"Gonna take a detour!" She yelled. Kylie called out Lucky/Lucky/Lucky, and the little pink stand hovered over her head as she mounted the pavement, and drove straight down the steps of a subway entrance.

"What are you doing, Barbie Girl?" Joseph gasped.

"I know the subway, he doesn't! And, like, there's no trains going because everyone totally, like, evacuated the city!" She giggled as the car smashed through the turnstiles, and drove straight onto the train tracks.

"Kylie, we're driving blind!" Whamerta said.

"Relax, I'll get lucky! I don't need headlights, they'll just attract Kars to us. Anyway, I know these tunnels, and he literally doesn't." Kylie replied. Kars was still running after them with his night vision aiding him, and due to their same ability, Santana and Whamerta could see him approaching.

"He's approaching!" Whamerta yelled.

"Throw something at him." Kylie suggested. Santana reached for a squishmallow, and chucked it at his father. Kars was beaned in the face by the stuffed toy, letting Kylie gain some distance on him.

"Big thing coming." Santana grunted, taking a bite of a squishmallow before throwing it. Kylie turned on her headlights, and gave a squeal.

"Traaaiiinnn!" She screamed. Although all the trains had been stopped and the drivers evacuated, an empty train carriage lay on the tracks in front of them. As reversing would be suicide, they had no choice but to drive towards the empty carriage.

"Whamerta, use Living Dead Girl!" Kylie cried.

"I can't, she's dormant since I'm only half Roberta!" Whamerta replied.

"Then use wind mode." Santana grunted.

"Same story." Whamerta sighed. They felt rage bubble inside them, rage at not being able to protect their friends from danger.

I'm not going to just sit here and do nothing! I can't let my brother get hurt, I can't let my friends get hurt, and... I can't let the one I love get hurt! Whamerta thought. Power surged through them, and suddenly bone tubes burst through their forearms. They started sucking air in, creating ribbons of wind- no, bandages of wind. Kylie screamed at the empty carriage drew closer and closer, unable to stop, before Whamerta lashed out. They ensnared a pipe hanging from the ceiling of an upcoming station, and using the pull of the wind bandages and another jet of wind under the car, easily lifted the convertible out of the subway tunnel. They jumped onto the platform, rammed through another set of turnstiles, and drove straight up the steps leading to the surface. Kars gave an indignant shriek, and charged up after them.

"What was that?!" Santana gasped as they sped through Manhattan.

"My wind mode and stand formed a kind of halfway point between the two..." Whamerta muttered, looking down at the fake Red Stone in their hand. Kars emerged from the subway, eyes full of rage and hatred.

"Stop the car!" Whamerta yelled.

"What? Are you crazy?" Kylie gasped.

"Just do it." Whamerta replied. Kylie cringed, but parked the car on the kerb. Whamerta got out of the car, holding the red stone in their hand.

"So, you're finally hanging over the stone?" Kars drawled. Whamerta shook their head, and smashed the fake stone onto the ground. High Priestess's power faded, and it became just a handful of gravel again.

"What? It's a fake?" He gasped.

"I needed to get you away from the SPW, so we can talk." Whamerta said. Kars snarled, and drew his blades.

"I ought to kill you for disobedience." He spat.

"Go on, then. Kill me. Kill me just as your parents tried to kill you all those years ago, for having free will. Draw your blades and kill the greatest warrior who ever lived! Cut us down because we won't obey- an make yourself just as bad as those who mistreated you."

Kars paused, blades poised in the air. Ha faultered, then dropped to his knees.

"Oh gods... What have I become?" He gasped. The SPW emerged from around the corner, UV lights drawn.

"Don't kill him! Just take him prisoner!" Whamerta called. Kars held out His wrists, and let them cuff him with titanium chains.

"Why?" He asked, looking back at Whamerta.

"Because you're still my father, even if you've failed me. And I don't want you do die- that's what someone like you would want."

Kars sighed as he was led away, past Esidisi.

"I used to love you, Kars. I really did. But now I've realised- I loved the idea of you, what you could've been- and what you ultimately never were." He said. Tears pricked in his eyes, but he let himself get led away.

"Esidisi, go and do what you want. Be Wamuu and Santana's father. At the end of the day- do what I couldn't allow you." He sighed. Although he was once determined to take over the world, knowing that Esidisi no longer loved him was like a bullet to the chest. He might as well let himself get locked away- nothing could be as painful as losing Esidisi.

"That's all settled, then." Kakyoin said as Kars was driven away in a SPW truck. "But what about these three?" He pointed to Whamerta, Santana and Esidisi, and the SPW agents promptly drew their UV lamps.

"WAAAIIIIT!" Screamed a voice. Kylie ran forward, stepping between Whamerta and the SPW.

"Whamerta saved us from Kars!" She cried.

"Fine, we'll pardon that one. But what about the others?" One agent asked.

"I hope we get to do experiments on them." Said another.

"Well, this is just a silly thought, but these three were all born in Mexico, and thus are eligible for Mexican citizenship. And at the end of the day, Kars was the one who did all the nasty stuff, so they were pretty much brainwashed by him, and unable to disobey, thus not guilty by grounds of mental instability. Not only that, if they can pass a Mexican citizenship test, it would be unconstitutional under international law to experiment on them, as they would be citizens of a country, and thus protected by it's laws and human rights."

All the agents look absolutely shocked at this.

"You know about international law and human rights?" Jotaro gasped.

"What? Just because I like pink and glitter doesn't mean that I'm an airhead." Kylie said.

"Ok, fine. We can get these three tested for citizenship. But this one..."

The agent pointed to Wamuu.

"Isn't fully a pillar man. What are they?"

"I'm a fusion. And once I separate, I'll take the test, but it'll hurt." Said Whamerta.

"Why?"

"Because I'll be pulled apart from the most fantastic person I've ever met."