Season 2, Chapter 7 UNEDITED

Metallic Need

Season 2 Chapter 7 UNEDITED

By: CGMayra (Yes, I've had a slight name change xD I've evolved lol)

Tails tinkered away on a device broken in combat. It had the single function of locating enemy Eggbots, just to give the Forces some idea of their surroundings and not get ambushed.

He smiled as he looked behind him, although bickering continuously, he was glad that there seemed to be some form of 'truce' between the once 'violent' robots. At least, remembering the past, it seemed they found an odd peace with their messy history...

"Could I get a different screw and screwdriver, please?" Tails asked, interrupting their quiet contention as the two looked over to him.

They looked at each other, as though processing who was closer to the screws, but after Neo Metal Sonic pettily started to use the measuring lock tape and pull it out inch by inch to see the 'exact' amount he was away from it, Neo Metal Amy just rolled her green eyes and got up, going to pick it up and hand it to Tails.

"Here you go, as requested." She kindly stated, even though her robotic voice and understanding of organic phrases had improved considerably, she was still somewhat unable to lose the 'computer talk'.

"Haha, thank you, M.A." Tails then shook his head after a kind smile, "I-I mean, N.M.A." He scratched behind his head, worried if she got sensitive to that.

She just nodded, blinking her eyes in the motion, and walked back to her work.

Neo Metal Sonic also remained silent, before ticking over her pail bucket and watching her heavy metal behind slam against the hard ground.

She twitched an eyelid and looked up at him, who just stared down condensing with half his eyelids lowered, "... Whoops." and picked up some tools to carry them away for organizing.

She used her jets to propel herself up rather gracefully and went back to work without the tin pail. She wouldn't let him get the better of her twice...

When he wasn't expecting it, putting away the metal tools, she shot out an electric bolt that exploded the rack, causing tools to be electrically charged. Since Neo Metal Sonic had oil, as in, gasoline, it was now an explosion hazard, and he turned with green blaring eyes to her as she tilted her head, giving him a cheeky half-lowered eyelid stare as well, "Whoops."

She lowered her head to work on a defective wispon as he marched over to her, dropping the tools that were still in his bucket down as they clanked over her head. "Now I can't complete my task." he threw the bucket down near her, "You do it." And waited to see what she'd do.

With amazing tolerance, she got up and magnetized the tools to her hand, making him jealous of her electrical abilities as he was now crippled through them. "Why don't you go and 'recharge' yourself, Metal, hmm?" She didn't need the bucket, and kicked it at his foot, making him twitch in rage.

He walked over to a fuel can with a spout, opening a valve on his side hip, and pouring the liquid in while looking as though this was the single most humiliating thing in the world. "... This is completely outdated." He stated, his eyes sliding over to catch her organizing the tool rack, absorbing the electrical current into her black metal sliders on her hand.

He stared... his memory bank still held the knowledge of what that felt like...

He looked away, those days were naught.

He put down the fuel tank and looked at Tails, wondering what he was doing.

"Got it!" Tails exclaimed silently to himself, giddy at thinking he had nailed making the device look brand new, "Now, just to turn it on..." He stuck out his tongue to the corner of his lip, flaring it up, and switched the device on to have the screen begin with a rotating line all around itself.