Season 2, Chapter 8 UNEDITED

Metallic Need

Season 2 Chapter 8 UNEDITED

By: CGMayra (I'm gonna warn yall, you guys have to brace yourselves, we're nearing the end of the season! All my love to you guys, here we go!)

After many long and hard hours of intensive labor, drilling through steel, shaping flaming metal, and bolting everything into place... a metallically flexible alloy blinked its eyes open for the first time. Eyes shining with a black light, before booting up to a green.

The motionless robot stood still, having no objective, it simply just stared...

After a moment of watching it, Neo Metal Amy's own eyelids bunched up a little bit. It was cringey, watching this new creation almost as if it had no 'essence' to emulate at all.

However, looking at Metal Sonic, he seemed pleased, staring at it with folded arms, finding the silence and eerie stillness to be acceptable.

Her likeness to the younger Amy Rose was phenomenally accurate, as though great, painstaking detail and love were put into each careful, well-thought-out structure of her shape.

A marvel in model alone, but with no exact reason for herself to be built other than to exist that Metal Sonic's objective of being a 'Sonic' and striving for the excellence of a 'Perfect Sonic' could be achieved and accomplished, but not having given her that direct programming to know even that, Neo Metal Amy began to think their work was done all in vain.

"... And... You're sure you don't want to implement the Heart installation?" She looked back to Metal Sonic, keeping this from the other Organics was fairly easy, but she had no idea Tails was covering for her. "I think the Organics will find it... odd to have a pretty much 'lifeless vessel' sitting here for all time and eternity..." She voiced her opinions loud and clear. She loved Amy Rose, and having created a different robot to resemble her... but not act like her? It was... "It's as though we've made a doll... to be placed on a shelf and forgotten about... a marvel of ingenuity and talented art... to be stared at... to have... and nothing more." She felt her being falter, it was everything she hated in the world of robotics...

"THAT IS PRECISELY ACCEPTABLE." Metal Sonic responded, lowering his chin down to stare at it further, "SO LONG AS IT'S EXISTENCE PERSIST, MY OBJECTIVE IS PRETTY MUCH COMPLETED. I AM 'SONIC' TO THIS CREATION. NOW... I WILL FIND A WAY TO SERVE EGGMAN IN OTHER FUNCTIONALITIES." He about-faced, leaving the very reason he could move on from several lifetimes of iterated failures, progressing to his next objective... To serve Doctor Eggman in taking over the world.

"That's-!" Neo Metal Amy's eyes blared in different areas of green and red, but Neo Metal Sonic held out his arm, waiting for Metal Sonic to leave.

She looked at him, unsure why he was halting her resentment and complaint. "Neo..." She didn't speak his full name but watched as Metal Sonic began to fly out of the base, using a chimney to do so.

"... He's gone." She relaxed and stood upright, as Neo Metal Sonic chuckled a moment and walked over to the new Metallic Rosy.

"Vanished." He joked, picking her up by her bum and turning her upside down, shaking her about a bit, "So much work... only to exist for the prime reason of existing." He dropped her as Neo Metal Amy rushed to catch her.

He laughed, "Why bother? She's a lifeless charged battery... the most obsolete robot ever given creation... Although on, she's completely useless." He gestured up in the air, leaning his hip on the workbench, "A robot without a function is unheard of. Your efforts to change Metal Sonic's mind were all just your own vanity in your Heart Virus... You didn't even want to call it that. 'Program', that's how you see it, right? Would your 'emotions' give this robot the will to move? To want to emote anything? It has no meaning, other than to sit there and look well-made."