𝟏, 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬

CHAPTER 1
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

She sat up in the stands at one of her brothers games playing against Winnipeg, the sounds of sticks and skates gliding across the ice echoed through the rink.

Pulling her sweatshirt closer to her cold body as her eyes scanned the crowd of people, her parents had to leave early so here was alone in a ice rink surrounded by hockey fans cheering on either side of her like lunatics.

The red head yawned as glanced down to her phone as it neared lunchtime, she felt her stomach grumble and her shoulders slumped. The girl glanced to the scoreboard and the pats were ahead by one point which Bedard scored.

Thankfully the game was almost over so she would just make mark get her food, soon enough the game ended and the pats won which she was thankful so she wouldn't have to deal with her brothers grumpy sore looser attitude. And his moping around the house pouting.

She made her way towards the locker room as one of the boys from Winnipeg advanced towards the girl, she sighed and looked at him. "Hey do you think i could get your snap? My friend thinks your hot as fuck" He smirked as his friends snickered from behind him. She rolled her eyes and cringed at the words from the teen, and glanced the group of boys who looked like total assholes and pricks.

She stared at him blankly as she heard the sticks clattering and the voice of her brother, "hey em!" Marks tall frame rushed up to her and smiled. She had never been so thankful for her brother in that very moment.

The Winnipeg boy sulked away embarrassed as his friends snickered. "Good job today" she smiled up at him as her sweaty brother englufed her into a hug. She gagged the smell of sweat wafted into her nostrils "Okay thats enough" she patted his back as he laughed and got off of her. Her eyes lingered on her brothers best friend as he held eye contact walking past her with his hair disheveled and wet with sweat. Her stomach flipped a bit as they held eye contact.

Connor hated how devastated she was over the break up with her ex of almost two years, all because he cheated on her. And all he wanted to do was give her a hug and reassure her she's amazing. And that he loves her so much, but he couldn't just ask her out. The time wasn't right and he was worried it never would be the time.

Her recent breakup made her numb inside, and a empty void in her heart that felt like it couldn't be filled. She officially had a hatred for hockey boys and knew it wouldn't stop anytime soon

Connor gave her a small smile which she returned "good job on that goal" she congratulated him as he smiled. "Thanks" his cheeks blushed and walked into the locker room. Emma waited outside of the locker room waiting for her brother to be done. He walked out of the boisterous locker room with connor following, "we have to take connor home" he explained as Emmas shoulders slumped a little and nodded her head following the two older boys. Which meant it would take longer to feed her rumbling stomach.

"Who was that boy you were talking to?" Mark interrogated as Emma huffed, "some stupid hockey boy asking for my snap for his friend" she replied and pulled her hoodie closer to her body. Connor glanced to her and noticed she was shivering he handed her his jacket that she gracefully accepted and thanked him.

"Did you give it to him?" Her brother questioned as she gave him a seriously look, "no!" Her voice squeaked as Mark laughed and Connor smiled a bit while letting out a small laugh, and Mark unlocked his car. Obviously Connor got shotgun and made her sit in the back of marks car which is disgustingly messy and needs to be cleaned.

The two boys put their gear in the trunk and got into the car, "mark clean your car nasty" emma gagged as she glanced down to a pair of socks next to a mcdonalds bag. "I never said you have to ride with me" he defended himself as Emma rolled her hazel eyes.

"Yeah well i dont have much of a choice" she mumbled as Connor turned around to look st the backseat mess, "gross man" connor laughed a bit as Mark rolled his eyes and began driving.

"Do you have any snacks?" Emma asked loudly over the music Mark was playing. "Huh?!" He shouted as Emma rolled her eyes. "Do you have any snacks?!" She emphasized her words as he shook his head no. "i have a granola bar thats it" Connor replied as Emma outstretched her hand giving him a knowing look.

He laughed and handed her the granola bar and felt the girls fingers graze over his palm. His stomach fluttered and cheeks flushed, "thank you so much" The red head thanked him as he laughed a bit. Mark scoffed and glanced back towards his sister then to the road. Though she was still hungry it satisfied her starving stomach a bit.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
AUTHORS NOTE:
I love this book sm already 🤭

word count: 890