𝟗, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐬

CHAPTER 9
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The pats had won a major game, and in result it ended with a huge party to celebrate the win against one of the team's major rivals. Mark was apprehensive about his little sister going along with ivy. But soon after their pleas and the help was connor on the girls side he gave in.

It was held at on of of the teamates houses since his parents were out of town. Mostly their whole highschool was there along with the team of pats. As the four stepped foot into the house that reeked of alcohol and weed.

The music boomed through their ears and loud chatter echoed off the walls. Emmas eyes darted around and was worried she was not going to have much fun. "Okay you to no drinking, and no leaving the party without me or connor" Mark ordered to the two as they nodded their heads.

"Got it?" He asked as they nodded and followed him out. Emma let a huff of air knowing she was going to be glued next to ivy since she didnt have a whole lot of friends to chat with.

She stood along a wall with ivy and a punch that was most definitely spiked with some liquor and could feel it making her brain feel fuzzy. A boy approached them that she recognized from her chemistry class but the boys name remained unknown.

"Hey emma right?" He asked as she nodded her head and smiled a bit. "Yeah and you are?" She questioned and he flashed a smile back at her. "Yeah im phinn" he introduced himself as she nodded her head a bit, a drunken smile landed on her face.

Ivy stood there awkwardly and had a intuition that the boy was trouble. "So you in my chemistry class right?" She asked as he nodded his head quickly. "Yeah" he glanced to the girls bestfriend.

"Your brother's mark right?" He questioned as she nodded her head and looked behind the taller boy to try to find him. "Yeah sadly" she replied playfully as he chuckled. He took a step closer and she got a whiff of his breath and it reeked of alcohol.

Her mind became hazy, suddenly felt like the room was to loud, and could feel the alcohol beginning to creep up on her. He leaned in to whisper, "wanna go outside?" The red heads heartbeat quickened as she glanced around but somehow didnt have the willpower to say no. Even though her drunken mind screamed at her to not, but physically her body wanted too

She somehow had the sense to think back on marks words not to leave without him. She smiled softly at him, "why dont we just stay inside?" She suggested as his face twisted into a annoyed face. His voice was gruff, "well lets go somewhere more private then" he suggested as Emma took a sip of more punch.

Ivy gave her warning looks but she didn't want to ruin her friend's moment with the boy. "Sure" she slurred as Ivy gave her a warning look, "em come here for a minute" Ivy urged her friend over as Emma pouted. "What?" She questioned annoyed as Phinn stood there awkwardly.

"You know what, emma dont go with him" Ivy whispered trying to break her friend out of her drunken state. "You're being dramatic" Emma assured as she laughed a bit. "No im not, mark is going to be so mad" Ivy warned and glanced to the impatient drunk boy behind emma.

"Dude come on" he slurred as Emma became overwhelmed, "stop being such a asshole" Ivy shot at him as his face turned from a impatient expression to a fuel of anger.

"Why dont you let her do what she wants" Phinn replied glancing at the two girls. "Maybe you should stop trying to get in her pants!" Ivy busted him out. Emma stood there frozen unable to form a string of coherent words, her brain had continued to what feels like stopping all thinking processes. Which the argument brought the attention of the other party goers which consisted of drunk or high students.

The argument that sparked between Ivy and Phinn, had grabbed the attention of Mark and Connor. Who took a quick glance and began weaving in and out throughout the crow in attempt to reach the girls.

"Ivy its fine, let it go" Emma finally got the words out as Ivy glared at her. "Yeah listen to you friend" Phinn defended as Ivy narrowed her eyes at both of the two slightly tipsy teenagers. Well rather actually Phinn was fully drunk, but emma was just hitting the early stages.

The two hockey players made their way to the three and Mark sighed at the sight. "You grab emma, and ill handle ivy" Mark patted the boys shoulder as Connor nodded and walked up to emma. "Come here emma" Connor gently placed a hand on her waist.

Emma turned to him as her lips turned a pout not wanting to go with the boy, "emma come on" he urged as she felt her shoulders slump and eventually follow the boy. He led her outside and waited for Mark to calm down Ivy.

It was chilly outside and that didn't help since Emmas teeth were chattering. "Emma what happened" Connor asked as she looked up to him and couldn't form a logical explanation for her behavior. "Im sorry" she mumbled and looked down at the ground.

"We told you to stay away from any drinks" the boy reminded her as she looked away. With the sound of a muffled Kendrick Lamar song played from inside the house. "I know, i just am just sick of being treated like a child by mark" she answered as her brain fog finally dissipated into nothing.

"Well that doesnt mean trying to hook up with a random boy em" he laughed a bit as she nodded her head, and felt disappointed in herself. She held her flannel closer to her body and hoped Ivy would calm down soon. "Here" He gave her his jacket as Emma put it on. "Thanks" she smiled up at him.

"Im sorry" she apologized again and felt like a idiot for causing a scene, and ruining Mark and Connors party time after a major win. "It's okay" he assured as he pulled her body into his, to confirm that she wasn't seen differently in his eyes.

She felt the need for sleep hitting her like a tsunami and yawned. Her head rested against the boys chest, while consuming his radiating warmth like the sun on a blazing summer day beaming down on her.

Mark and Ivy walked out shortly after as her brother glared at her and motioned for the two to follow him. She swallowed the collected spit in her mouth and glanced to her best friend nervously. Ivy was annoyed with her as she mentally cursed herself out and followed the two.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
AUTHORS NOTE:
Wtf how did this chapter get so long anyways whats gonna happen 🫨🫨🫨😲😲. Haha anyways i love you guys and thanks so much for 1k reads. I appreciate you all so much!! 😚🫶🏻

word count: 1197