𝟐, 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

CHAPTER 2
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Emma yawned as a long ballet rehearsal for the annual The Nutcracker neared to a end. Which Emma and Ivy were so relieved because it was nearly three hours long. And was a tiring one to say the least, since she was the Sugarplum Fairy and had a bunch of scenes along with new choreography to learn and memorize.

She was running on 6 hours of sleep and two cups of coffee and her brain could not process half of the new moves she had to learn counting that most of them weren't the easiest and far from simple jetés or pirouettes. And on top to add the unpleasant experience she had her feet stuffed into pointe shoes for most of the rehearsal, and she really missed her bed.

Gathering her stuff, and shoving it into her unorganized overflowing dance back, she bid a farewell to her best friend. The red head grabbed her jacket, sweatpants, and slipped on her sneakers. She glanced down to her phone and began texting her older brother.

Mark 🤢

Emma: whos picking me up?

Mark 🤢: Connor

Emma: bruh

Mark🤢: sorry i have work 🤷

Her shoulders slumped while walking out, and spotted Connors car parked in the parking lot, it was already dark out and really cold. And emma wanted nothing more than a warm shower and a good night sleep in this very moment. The dread of the long awkward car drive didn't sound very appealing either.

She took a deep inhale and reached for the passenger car door as Connor looked from his phone up at her, "hey" she softly greeted and set her bag by her feet. "Hi" He responded as she awkwardly fidgeted with the rings on her pale fingers.

"How was rehearsal?" He asked trying to start a conversation, "long and boring" she replied as he laughed a bit, she began to take the bobby pins out of her red hair and place them in her dance bag. "I feel the same away about practices" he replied and drummed his fingers on the steering wheel. Connors car had heated seats as she pressed the button to hopefully warm her freezing body up. He noticed the small action and made a note to himself.

A text from mark lit up her phone, she grabbed the phone with a bobby pin in her mouth. Connor glanced at her and his self control to not stare.

Mark 🤢

Mark🤢: did he pick you up? 🤨

Emma: yeah 🥶🥶

Mark liked your message!

She set her phone down as Connor focused on the road ahead of him, "sorry for having to pick me up" she apologized as he glanced to her, "dont worry about it" he assured the red head as she glanced to him. He felt his cheeks warm up with heat as her green eyes looked back into his brown eyes. The boy was thankful the dark lighting so the girl couldn't see his blushing cheeks.

He quickly turned his attention back to the long road with the occasional fluorescent lights of restaurants or gas stations illuminating the tension between the two.

His hands gripped the steering wheel as she glanced down to his hand, veins popped out while muscles tensed along his forearm and bicep, and she took a sip of her water and tried her best to not gulp it. She adverted her attention quickly to something far more fascinating which really just was her nails.

The ride was quiet and comfortable with the soft hum of the radio, Emma felt Connors glances on her occasionally as she avoided the eye contact that could have occurred. Her house neared as she felt relieved but also a bit disappointed which she brushed off. Why would she be disappointed?

He turned onto her street and Emma saw her house in her eye line. Connor pulled into her driveway and glanced to her, "thanks" she smiled a bit and gathered her stuff together.

"Tell your dad i said hi" Connor looked to her as she scoffed a bit, "okay" she laughed and closed the car door. Connor made sure she got into her house safely then drove off. She greeted her tired parents. "Connor said hi dad" Emma glanced to her dad as his face lit up. Her dad is obsessed with the Bedard boy partly because her dad opinion he's some hockey prodigy

"That kid man" Her dad smiled as Emma laughed and walked up to her room. She was debating with herself whether that was the worst car ride or the best car ride shes ever had.

Connor

Connor: did you ask ur dad?

Emma: yeah he said hi lmao

Connor: 🤭

Emma: weirdo 🤨

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
AUTHORS NOTE:
I love them smmmm

word count: 771