𝟏𝟎, 𝐢𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

CHAPTER 10
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The car ride from the party to home, was tense to say the least. Mark hadnt even turned on music with his dumb rap songs like he usually does. And that was enough for his little sister to assume he was infuriated at the outbreak.

And frustrated that his sister disobeyed his orders on the no drinking rule. And not to mention she was almost willingly going to go with a random boy she barely knew, and mark barely knew him either.

Her head rested on the window in the backseat as she looked up to twinkling silver stars shining from the ebony sky. Connors jacket was still draped around her body as he glanced to the girl from the seat next to her.

She felt a warm hand on her hand that was freezing, she glanced her hazel eyes to him as he smiled a bit. She gave a small smile and glanced back out the window, and felt the soft comforting strokes of Connors thumb contrasting with her icy cold hand. That seemingly felt numb, but her whole body felt like that, numb and cold.

Mark dropped Ivy off and Connors house was next which the girl dreaded letting go of the boys warm slightly calloused hands that traced shapes on her palm. His hands to her was like a baby's soft and serene lullaby, and lulling her into a well need slumber.

Connors house came into view as her shoulders slumped and glanced to the boy, he gave her a sympathetic smile. And gave her one last squeeze to her hand. "Bye thanks for the ride man" Connor bid a farewell to the siblings as Mark replied with his usual nonchalant response of "yeah no problem man"

Emma huffed and rolled her eyes as his relaxed demeanor that occurred with his friend. She stared out the window as Mark contemplated on what his next words were going to be to scold his sister.

"What was that em" Mark had this tone in his voice that Emmas never heard before so she knew he was mad, and tried to blink back the rising tears that rimmed her waterline. She hated when she disappointed people, and couldn't hide the waterworks that came with the overwhelming feelings.

"I dont know im sorry" she apologized with a quivery tone. "Yeah well that was just plain up embarrassing, trying to sneak off with a random boy" Mark began listing as she bit her and blinked back tears.

"Listen im sorry okay? I know i ruined your night, and i dont really have a good reason. So im not even gonna make one up" she explained herself as Mark shook his head while turning into their neighborhood.

"Okay well its not like im going to forgive you that quick. You went behind my strict rules, and are trying to act like the victim" Mark replied as Emmas brows furrowed. She let out a scoff "you should be mad at ivy, she started the scene" Emma reminded the boy as he pulled into their driveway.

"Yeah well at least she wasn't drunk!" He exclaimed as Emma glared at him. "I wasnt even that drunk!" She shot back as he rolled his eyes. "You still had drinks!" He defended as the anger that slowly built up over time about little things her brother did finally burst open.

"Stop treating me like im a child!" She yelled as Mark glared at her. "Because you are one!" He looked at his sister. "Whatever" she mumbled and got out of the car. Slamming the door shut she walked inside the house leaving mark sitting there rolling his eyes watching his sister storm inside.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
AUTHORS NOTE:
Mark is such a little jerk. Anyways shes just like me i cry whenever i disappoint people 😻. Anyways i dont think im gonna make this a super long book. Probably about 10 ish more chapters so not much more to go. Love you guys!! 🫶🏻🫶🏻

word count: 668