𝟔, 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬

CHAPTER 𝟔
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Emma sat next to Ivy at the pats hockey game, while her parents sat off with connors family. The pats were loosing by 1 and she tell the whole team was stressed and anxious.

She sat more towards the bottom of the stands as Connor skated by and looked to his brother's younger sister and smiled a bit. She returned the gesture and gave him a thumbs up for good luck.

Ivy turned to her to give her look as Emma adverted the knowing look, "emma" ivy laughed as Emma turned beet red. "What" she replied cluelessly even raising her eyebrows to look confused.

"You two like totally love each other" Ivy exclaimed as the girl vigorously shook her head no denying the fact. "No we dont, were just close" Emma explained calmly glancing to the boy in the 98 jersey. "Mhm right" Ivy scoffed as Emma rolled her eyes.

"You totally love mark, dont even start" Emma laughed and teased the brunette, "emma!" Ivy shouted embarrassed as her cheeks turned rosey. "Dont even lie" Emma smirked as Ivy hid her face away from her best friend.

"Im not" she mumbled as Emma laughed, "mhm right" Emma teased as Ivy peaked from the anonymity her hands provided for her, "So whats going on with you and connor?" She questioned as Emma glanced to her and back again to the game.

"I dunno, i mean we hugged a couple days ago, and he comforted me when i had my breakdown" she recalled the events from earlier in the week. Ivy looked to her sympathetically and gave her a hug.

"Im sorry for not noticing" she apologized and rubbed the youngest Jones back. "Its okay, im better now" Emma assured as Ivy pulled away from the girl. "I love you" Ivy eyes glistened as Emmas heart swelled. "I love you too v" Emma replied as the to girls smiled at each other.

"The boys are loosing" Emma sighed and turned to ivy, "yeah i know, whats going on" Ivy questioned as she shrugged and looked back to her brother.

"I can tell mark is stressing himself out" Ivy turned to the boys sister as Emma nodded her head. "Me too" Emma replied and glanced up to the clock, it was slowly ticking to the end and the score was already 1-3. It was rare if they could score a goal in less than 5 minutes but with Connor nothings to impossible.

Emma sat on the edge of her seat as the clock winded down slowly, and Connor had gotten passed the puck. He skated a little before just shooting it into the net, and he scored.

But they still lost which Emmas smile dissipated into a frown, the girls ventured to the locker rooms and could already assume the boys were not in a happy go lucky mood.

Which also meant that there was going to be a long car ride, where it was oddly quiet and could hear a pin drop. Which were the least fun rides ever. 

The two boys walked out of the locker room spotting the two girls and rushing over to them, "good job guys" Emma attempted to lighten their solemn faces which failed.

Connor gave her the tiniest smile and her brother just glanced at her. She knew Mark was ruining his mindset and self esteem with not keeping the other team for scoring.

She glanced to Ivy as the girl took it as her cue to try to cheer up the upset boy, she urshed him to go for walk and a chat just around the rink.

"Hey" she whispered as he glanced down to her "hi" he greeted back with dejection lacing his voice. He didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around the girls small frame, she rubbed his back while his head rested on her clothed shoulder.

"Connor its okay, you tried your best. Theres always going to be others games" she reassured to him as his nostrils breathed in the girls perfume. It smelt like vanilla mixed with floral, and it was addictive.

"Good job on that last second goal" Emma added and a smiled plastered her face. She felt Connors body tension flowed into relaxation. The taller boy breathed in her perfume before pulling away and glancing down at her.

"Thanks em" his bright smile made a smile form on her face as her eyes twinkled a bit "Anytime"

Emma hated to admit it but she was falling in love with her brother's best friend. Every little interaction, eye contact, or the affectionate hugs they shared. Her mind raced as she looked up into the boys eyes and his looked back down at her.

She was falling in love again when she swore off it from her past relationship, and she didnt know how to stop it or suppress the feelings that overwhelmed her mind.

She wanted to dig a grave and bury and feelings for anybody, because she simply felt like love didn't exist anymore. Even though so badly wanted to experience going out on dates, kisses on the cheek, given flowers, or watching movies together. Emma simply felt unlovable by everybody so she wondered how connor could ever love her.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
AUTHORS NOTE:
Ahhh whats gonna happen next 🤨🤭🫨🫨

word count: 886

𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 ᶜ.ᴮᴱᴰᴬᴿᴰ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें