Untitled Part 34

Logan

Well, if it isn't a fine sight, to see Dr Sage Bennett sitting at what was my old desk before dad retired. Somewhere I've always wanted her to be. She looks right at home even though she has a strange look on her face and her mouth is forming an O. I wink at her. She blows out and crosses her arms across her chest.

"What can I do for you?" She asks.

"Nothing, I just wanted to let you know your first patient has arrived. We have an electronic system if you go to your laptop and log in. Eliza has set you up with the password glad to be back home." She snorts. I try my best not to laugh since I was the one to suggest it.

"And who's bright idea was that?" She's looking so pointedly at me right now that I want to stride right on over to her and kiss her breath away. It'll wait, I know for sure I'm going to get my chance. I told you, I'm on a mission to get this fiery little lady to change her mind, not just about me but staying right here in Willowbrook. This is exactly where she belongs, Sage just hasn't come to realize it yet. She will, I have no doubt about that.

When you come to Willowbrook, it's kind of hard to leave. You only have to ask some of our locals. Summer Rogers came a few years ago having left a bad relationship behind in Denver and got herself a part-time job with Barbara in Bluebell café. It didn't take long before a romance bloomed between her and Dexter, our Major and that was that. They're now living happily together. There will be a wedding next Spring and we're all looking forward to celebrating this with them.

"When you're logged in just go to your calendar and you'll see what's booked in for you today. When you're ready to see your next patient just click on the appointment and it'll send a notification to Eliza and she'll show the next one to you."

"Very sophisticated for a small town practice. You're almost up into the twenty-first century. I thought you'd still be doing the whole calling from your door system." I laugh. She frowns. Oh boy, it's going to take some charming to get this woman to see what's right in front of her cute button nose.

"Lindsey, is a seventeen year old who wants to go on the pill. She'll be here with her mother. We had a conversation about a week ago but I requested she come back with her ma."

"Sure, no problem. Sounds pretty straight forward." She stares at me and I give her another wink. Next thing I know, she's hurled a pen at me.

"That's not very nice, now then is it?"

"Just leave me alone. Besides, aren't you supposed to be on a different shift. That was the arrangement." Damn I love it when she's mad. It's such a turn-on. At this rate my hand is going to be giving me a lot of satisfaction, until I can get her back in my bed where she belongs.

"Just wanting to get you settled in and introduce you to some of the folk. We always take a coffee break at eleven, no patients until eleven-thirty. We close at four." I nod curtly and leave her to it.

"Shut the damn door." She calls after me as I am walking next door to my office. I turn back on my heels and close the door. She sure is a firecracker.

"Doctor Logan, can you sign off on this please." Eliza asks as she catches me about to sit down. "It's for the little league game this weekend. By the way, you are asking Sage to join right?"

"Of course. In fact why don't you let her know it's a practice event that we always go and offer our support and we'd love it for her to be around. If I'm honest, she's not really talking to me." Eliza raises her eyebrows.

"Trouble in paradise already? Tut, tut." She smirks. "Just you leave it to miss fix-it here, you two will be dating in no time."

"Eliza." I warn her. "Do not get involved. We're not looking to date do you understand?" Lord, I can't have Eliza meddling in my personal life, she is ever the romantic. I should have kept my big mouth closed. I sign the form for her, it's to order the new kit for our little ones. They grow so darn quick, it only seems a few weeks ago we ordered pants and jerseys for them. We've added custom baseball caps to the order and for adults to sell at the ball game. Every little bit helps to keep us afloat and since the practice or rather I, hold the team up financially as well as supporting them at all games and training with them, we rely on selling merchandise and fundraisers. Talking of which, we've got a fundraiser coming up in a couple of months' time.