Seblos: Something About December

Summary: Seb and Carlos host a family Christmas Eve party, and they sing a song together in dedication to their twin daughters on their first Christmas.

Title based on the song by Christina Perri.
----------------------
It was Christmas Eve for the Matthew-Smith/Rodriguez family clan in Carlos and Seb's home nearby Seb's family farm, where they both were hosting a family party in honor of their twin daughters's first Christmas.

Carlos and Seb had dated while they were in high school, and then in college, and then a couple of years, they got married. And about a year later, Carlos got pregnant, and he and Seb were thrilled about becoming fathers. When they found they were expecting twins, they were terrified about that. But at some point, they knew they could handle this. In May, Carlos gave birth to the twins, both girls named Cleo Dove and Brianna Pearl. Parenting for Carlos and Seb wasn't as easy and they would get tired from it, but they were happy and blessed with two little girls in their lives.

Seven months later, Christmastime came around, and Carlos and Seb had it all planned out to make their girls's first Christmas perfect. The husbands invited both of their families to their Christmas Eve party they had planned out, but they told their parents that they needed to promise to not argue against each other over whatever holiday traditions they originally had (from when Carlos and Seb were growing up), for the sake of their daughters anyway.

When Christmas Eve arrived, the party Seb and Carlos had been hosting in honor of their little girls's first holiday was going amazing. Their parents came into agreement on whatever foods they bring, even when it was homemade from their own recipes, Carlos's older sisters came home for the holidays with their husbands, and Seb's aunt, uncle and cousins made some of their famous, delicious eggnog, a better way than getting some from a store. During the party, there was talking and laughing as usual, but all of the relatives were bonding so sweetly around Cleo and Brianna whenever they gush over the little girls.

As time had passed on, Carlos and Seb planned something for their girls as a way of thanking them for making them feel like the best parents, even on the holidays. So, they were going to sing a Christmas song, and they picked "Something About December" by Christina Perri, because of how it reminded them of the past Christmases they celebrated with their families growing up, and they wanted to share their memories and recreate some of them with their beautiful daughters.

When it was time, Carlos and Seb got to their piano. Carlos tapped on his glass to get everyone's attention, and everyone turned their to face the couple while Carlos and Seb's mothers were each holding the twin girls in their arms. Carlos cleared his throat before he began to speak.

"Hi, everyone. Merry Christmas."

Everyone wished the couple a Merry Christmas as well.

"Sebastian and I wanna thank each and every one of you for coming to our party this evening. We couldn't have asked for anything better than to spend on this beautiful night with both of our families surrounded around us."

Then Seb went next.

"And with a little family my amazing husband and I have of our own, who are both right in our mothers's arms," Seb gestured to his and Carlos's daughters.

"Cleo, Brianna, you two are the best little things that ever happened to me and your daddy since the day you were both born, and we're both grateful for that every day."

"And you two will have the best Christmas ever. Even though when you won't be able to remember that because of how tiny and cute you both are, but your father and I will never forget some day when we share a story about your first Christmas. But right now, we love you girls so very much and we couldn't be more excited about celebrating tonight and then tomorrow. So, in honor of that, Seb and I like to do a song for all of you here," Carlos finished.

Then the husbands walked to the piano and sat in front of the keys. Seb took the first keys as he started playing the intro of the song before he started singing the first lyrics.

(Singing parts are: Seb, Carlos and Seblos)

Lights around the tree
Mama's whistling
Takes me back again
There's something bout' December

Then Carlos sang the next part.

We're hanging mistletoe
And hoping that it snows
I close my eyes and then
I can still remember
How to get back, home

Let all your memories
Hold you close
No matter where you are
You're not alone
Because the ones you love
Are never far

If Christmas is in your heart

Who really needs a gift
When love is meant to give

I can still recall
Carry with me always

Every Christmas dream
They live in you and me

Let all your memories
Hold you close
No matter where you are
You're not alone
Because the ones you love
Are never far
If Christmas is in your heart

Carlos and Seb played the instrumental break, even though, they had tears in their eyes as they glanced every moment at each other, and their mothers and Carlos's sisters were also in tears. Then the husbands had a song to finish off.

Lights around the tree
Mama's whistling
Takes me back again
There's something bout' December

Let all your memories
Hold you close
No matter where you are
You're not alone
Because the ones you love
Are never far
If Christmas is in your heart

After the song was over, everyone applauded and cheered. Carlos and Seb walked up to their mothers where they were holding their daughters, and they each took a twin from them and held them in their arms.

"So you see, girls, you two are the greatest gifts we've received a while back," Carlos stated.

"And all we ever wanted this Christmas is to spend it with the both of you, and that's even better than anything else," Seb added in.

Cleo and Brianna made little babbling noises which made their fathers chuckle a bit.

"Merry Christmas, Cleo and Brianna. We love you," Carlos and Seb synced.

Then they gave kisses to each of the twins before they looked up at each other.

"Merry Christmas, Seb. I love you," Carlos said.

"Merry Christmas, Carlos. I love you too," Seb told the same to him.

They shared a kiss, and their families awed at their moment.

And that was the best Christmas Carlos, Seb, Cleo and Brianna ever had... as a family.

End.
---------------------------
Thanks for reading this!