Rodfini: A Little Big Surprise

Summary: Joe and Frankie are celebrating Joe's birthday alone together before the arrival of their baby, but then Joe starts going into labor a week early before the baby's due date.
----------------------
*prologue*

Frankie and Joe have had quite a lovely few years together, and they had been very happy. The two met on the set of HSMTMTS, and their relationship went public when they were confirmed they were dating. A few months after the final season of the show, Joe and Frankie moved to New York. With all the love and support they gave to each other through everything, nothing could ever ruin their relationship. Especially when they were getting ready for the next best as they had talked about settling down.

A couple years since living in New York, Frankie and Joe had been talking about raising a family. And one day, Joe was feeling a little ill and did not know why until Frankie took him to the doctors. The doctors ran some tests on Joe, and when the tests were done, it was confirmed Joe was pregnant. At first, Frankie was freaking out a little about this, but Joe explained to him about how he was born with this gene that allowed him to carry a baby when he found out about this as a child. After the explanation, Joe told Frankie he would love nothing more than to have kids with him, and Frankie felt satisfied about the feeling for it.

Over these months, Joe's pregnancy flew by. Joe and Frankie told their families when Joe was at twelve weeks, and they were all excited for the boys. And then, they told their friends, including their former costars and they sent them their best wishes. They did not know the gender of their little one, because they wanted to keep it a surprise for them. With Frankie and Joe on becoming parents, they had a spare room in their apartment where they turned it into the baby's nursery. They also had everything else prepared: a crib, a mobile, toys, clothes, diapers, etc. And since they did not want to know the gender of the baby, they came up with names together. If it was a boy, they would name him Nicolas Rafael. And for a girl, Colette Trinity.

And now, with Joe's due date almost there, his birthday rolled around, and he wanted to spend it alone with Frankie as they were going to spend their last moments before they were about to become fathers. Joe did not want anything for his birthday, except for the fact that the baby was the greatest gift he could ever have gotten. For both himself and Frankie.
------------------------
*Joe's birthday*

Joe had been feeling these pains since this morning, which was how it started when he woke him up the second he felt it. It only for a minute until Frankie surprised him with a tray of a delicious breakfast. After he ate his breakfast, Joe had felt another pain while Frankie was cleaning the dishes. Frankie was getting concerned for Joe as he was feeling a pain in between times he would come and check in on him, and he thought the baby was getting to come early. But Joe told him to stay relaxed and said that they could be false contractions, so they were only a week away from welcoming their baby. Frankie relieved himself, hoping Joe was right. And since he wanted his very pregnant boyfriend to not be on his feet as much, Frankie planned to order dinner for Joe on his birthday after he thought it was a better idea for a cozy night in together.

Joe was in the bathroom, getting himself ready. He was in a towel while he was making last-minute adjustments with his hair until he grabbed hold of his belly as he felt a big pain hurting him.

"Ooh. You doing okay in there, little one?" Joe started talking to the unborn inside his stomach.

The baby gave out a little kick.

"Hmm. You've been wanting to get out all day, huh? Yeah, I know. Not yet though, because I don't wanna worry your dad tonight. I need you to stay in for a little while longer. Can you do that, just for my birthday?"

The baby left out another kick, a big one.

"Whoa! That was a strong one!" Joe chuckled. "I'll take that one as a yes."