18

Kanimozhi

Mama's attitude towards me has changed after the day when he misunderstood my intention and hadn't opened the door to his room.

He now checks in on me every so often and even kisses my forehead before going to bed. He gives birth to butterflies in my stomach by those regular kisses and I'm more than merrier to receive such magical feelings from my mama.

Though I know his intentions were pure, my body can't help but react as though it has been touched intimately.

Must be my wild hormones! After all, I'm still growing and am in my teenage phase. Thus it's truly hard for me to regulate my bodily urges that act without my permission...

Anyways, coming to the present, mama is driving me to the college which is another one of his changes after that incident had occurred. He also comes to pick me up in the evening and sometimes would stop by a restaurant or take me shopping on the way to our home.

He spends more time with me nowadays and it's natural for me to get attached to him more so than I already was.

Mama halts the car once we reach the campus and I hop out of the car and bid him bye as he nods to me before riding off.

Sighing, I turn and make my way toward the class, mentally preparing myself to bear the creepy stare of that senior guy. It's been more than one week since his staring has began. I felt it too trivial and unnecessary to inform my mama or Sam as he was just gazing at me...

I didn't want to create a scene by exploding his mere look into a huge issue. Hence, I usually neglect him and I did the same again today.

Upon attaining my class, I walk inside and settle beside Priya who is intently reading something. Noticing me, she smiles at me. "Have you started preparing for the first-semester exam?" I blink at her in bewilderment.

"There is still time for it, isn't it?" She nods. "But to gain good scores, you should start preparing from now on," I lend her a dumbfounded look.

"Come, I will teach you," I whine but oblige as my dear friend forced me to concentrate.

"Your dedication is beyond my understanding," we both simultaneously look up to find one of our guy classmates, Prakash standing in front of us with a smug smile on his face...

"Actually...I've wanted to ask this for a long time to Priya. Are you single or committed?" Priya's eyes bulge in shock and she nervously gazes at him. I smile as she suddenly joints her palms and shakes her head at him, telling him wordlessly to leave her alone.

"I'm disheartened.." he trails off and then sets his eyes on me. Obvious of his intention, I raise my eyebrows at him before speaking up. "Committed,"
He closes his eyes and silently shuffles away.

Henceforth, he begins to chat with the other girls in our class, asking them about their relationship status. It was comedic to witness his extreme confidence and Priya and I were giggling at his antics.

In our class, there's a large number of guys who are keen on getting a girlfriend, and needless to say, some have successfully got one while some are in the process of obtaining one. And the romances of these new couples are infuriating to witness.  Because they don't know to set a boundary for their physical touches when they are in public. We try to avoid their open intimacy but it's difficult to do so when there's a couple in every corner!

All in all, except studies, everything happens brilliantly in college.

In the interval, Sam accompanies us to the canteen and we three settle in an empty chair surrounding the table.