20

Parthiban

She freezes as soon as I band my hand against her waist. It was comedic to watch and I can say that she least expected this from me. I've been regulating myself for a while now and have dismissed her provoking actions as much as I could...

Yet there were circumstances where she pulled the string so harshly that I had to intervene and halt her from breaking my self-control. But then I understood her mischievousness and how she deliberately tried to trigger me.

I was fed up with distancing myself from her and see her trying to shatter my shell with her antics. Hence now I wanted to give us a chance even though I didn't know how to do it properly. All in all, I'm not dumb enough to neglect noticing what my heart is craving for. At least not anymore...

I need my Mozhi and her love in my life.

I know it's sudden but human emotions are hard to govern. It tends to change drastically within seconds and mine is no different. I get insanely possessive when she speaks about a guy or with a guy. Though she did it all purposely to arouse jealousy within me, I'm grateful she did it. If not, I wouldn't have realized my strong inability to let go of her.

I mean, If I could hardly stand her talking to a guy, would I ever be able to see her falling in love with a random man and marrying him?

The answer is obviously a big NO.

And If I don't want any such thing to happen and retain my love to stay with me, I ought to show her the love and care in a romantic way which I'm not really used to...

"Mama...are you drunk?" I smile with my eyes closed, entertained by her hesitation and disbelief. "No Mozhi, why do you ask?" I open my eyes and regard her closely. She refuses to face me and has her eyes staring towards the ceiling.

"Can I say what I truly feel?" She blurts out and I hum in reply. "You were trying your best to stay away from me since the day you accepted me as your wife. I know it's because of my coercion but I felt a change in you then. I thought we were going to be a normal couple. However, your warmness back then was abruptly replaced by your cold attitude the next day. I felt disappointed. I didn't know how to make you understand my love and I didn't want to put you in another tight situation or force you to behave as a husband to me. This was the reason why I tried to indirectly float your emotions up by talking with Sam all the time. During those times, you became too angry and I came to understand that you were indeed putting on an act," she pauses and tilts her face to me.

"Do you really not want me to be your wife? Would you be happy If I moved out of here? Am I only distressing and being a headache for you mama?... I'm not saying this to evoke sympathy from you. You can be honest with me mama. I know it was very wrong of me to have married you without your free will and consent. Although I don't want to accept it, a small part of me is regretting my decision. So far, nothing has changed and I feel like I am failing in my vow..." The tip of her nose turns a dull pink as she trails off.

I want to respond to her and console her but she again proceeds with her words, "Still I know you love me. I am certain of it! But I don't know why you were being so stubborn to show it off," she buries her head in my chest and cries silently.

"I'm trying to show it off now Mozhi..." I attest, holding her tightly by her waist. "...until my sister's death, I haven't ever seen you in the light of a possible partner for me and it was really hard to swallow the fact that we were married a few days later. I do know what kind of love I had for you before but after our marriage, the sense of your belonging to solely only me had entered my brain without my knowledge. But I didn't want to accept it. It was something I couldn't explain in words Mozhi. I was so confused. I love you but you are my niece and is just a teen. It made me feel strange and sickened with myself. And until the day before our marriage, I had been strongly rooted in the principle of not possessing a partner. Thus when we were living together as husband and wife...it was very difficult for me to adjust to the idea initially," Mozhi slowly peels her tear-stained face off my chest and peeks up at me.

"But as days went by Mozhi, I knew that I'd fallen for you. It was your antics that made me realize it," she blinks her eyes at me, perplexed. "...does that mean we are a normal couple now?" I shake my head at her, negatively.

"To be a normal couple, it's going to take some years. You are just eighteen. You should at least be a 22-year-old for me to behave as conventionally as a husband," I want her to grow up and be a woman before I claim her. Until then, I will take care of her as I have always done.

"So no sex until I'm 22," taken aback by the explicit words of Mozhi, I instinctively smack the back of her head.

"Ouch..." She whimpers and offers me a complaining look. "That's what you were referring to, isn't it? Then why smack my head when I say it short and sweetly?" She huffs, pushes at my chest, and faces the other side.

Sliding close to her, I put my hand around her waist and smash her close to my chest. "...I've to wait almost five years. That's unfair," she rants and I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"Pch...stop laughing mama," I stifle my laughter, enjoying the aggression of my Mozhi.

"You've spoiled my mood," she whines and tries to unlock my hand that stays against her waist. "Mozhi," I calmly call her and she pauses her wriggling.

And as she tilts her head to me, I press my lips against the corner of her lips. Her body visibly shivers and she shuts her eyes tight. Pulling away, I plant another kiss on her cheeks and whisper in her ear, "Go to sleep," and she obediently does it without protest.

Nuzzling my head on the crook of her neck, I sigh a breath on her soft skin that rises with goosebumps immediately.

Smiling at her sensitiveness, I place another kiss behind her ear before cuddling with her and closing my eyes to fall into slumber.
_____________________________