26

Parthiban

"So you came here to escape from your wife?" Dhruv laughs and I look at him warily as I lean back on the chair. He is my close friend and we've known each other since our college days. After passing out, he took upon his father's business legacy in Bangalore and is the CEO of Raj group of companies.

"Not exactly. I came here to save her from myself," I say calmly and Dhruv nods his head, understanding the meaning beneath my words.

"And also to discuss about our establishment of a historical library in Chennai," he sits upright in the chair and comes forward. "I told my father about this and he was not supportive. But he had a point. Unfortunately, many people don't prefer reading Indian history and the advanced knowledge our ancestors possessed back in the day," I nod my head slightly before responding.

"...and that is the core reason why I want us to start a library primarily focusing on ancient Indian science and history. The people of our country need to know how prosperous we were before the invasion and this will definitely motivate them to be proud of our country and work for the betterment of our society as a whole," At my statement, Dhruv looks at me thoughtfully.

I sigh as I speak again, "I get it. From the perspective of a businessman, it is pointless and earns no immediate profit. But we should do this for the development of our nation," He drags a long breath in and speaks, "Well, I've never thought about doing a business for a social purpose without earning profit but I guess I'll start from here," I smile slightly at his words.

And after a bit of chatting, I leave the place and drive back to my guest house in Bangalore. Shrugging off my formals, I dip myself in the warm water filled within the bathtub and tilt my head back, picturizing my Mozhi's angry pout that must have appeared on her face when she had disconnected the call.

If I had been there now, I wouldn't have been capable of handling myself. She is extremely attractive to my eyes now that I started to see her as my wife and all I want to do is ravish her till she becomes a mess in my arms.

I hope these fourteen days are enough to cool down myself. I just have to get a hold of my thoughts and everything will be settled. Then I can wait patiently till she turns twenty-two.

A while later, I put on my comfort clothes and had the dinner that I had ordered online, and eased myself to slumber.

The subsequent days went a little lonelier. Before my Mozhi, I was used to this and never had felt this deserted. But after her arrival and being with her for a month, I couldn't help but want to go back to her...

Tolerating the overwhelming feelings by speaking with her on the phone, I successfully spent a week in Bangalore. I would visit my business friends and work from home and sometimes I stop by the famous spots to divert my mind from continuously thinking about Mozhi.

Another day went by and I bought some clothes for Mozhi from a textile store. After being done with all the duties of the day, I retired to bed and was checking in on my phone when I witnessed a beautiful image of my Mozhi in her status.

She was in a temple along with her friend. I smile as I take in her cute grin but the moment I swipe to the next picture, I quickly sit up on the bed and squint my eyes, displeased.

They were in a restaurant with her guy friend Sam. He was the one taking the selfie and my Mozhi was close to him and her other friend was beside Mozhi.

My stomach churn as my eyes again rake over how close she was to him. Is she doing this deliberately? Or am I just being too paranoid?

Angered, I contact Mozhi and she attends within the first ring itself. "Hi, mama!" She excitedly says while I crankily reply. "Should you be this close to him?" The words roll out of my mouth before I could pause it. I didn't want to be obvious...argh!