Chapter One - A fresh Start

I had started this fiction on India Forums but then couldn't complete it due to commitments but I am back now and wanted to carry on with this plot in my head, unfortunately it seems as the post is locked on IF so I'm starting fresh here.

Let Sai and Virat's journey begin ....

Finally, Sai thought silently as she stared outside of the car window, watching the passing scenery of Gadchiroli as they drove towards the outskirts, on their way to Nagpur

Finally, Sai thought silently as she stared outside of the car window, watching the passing scenery of Gadchiroli as they drove towards the outskirts, on their way to Nagpur. It was a bittersweet feeling that was left in her heart as she said her final goodbyes to the place she had grown up in. She loved her little Village and the people she had called her family, but at the same time she was happy to leave the terror of the last couple years and move towards a brighter future to a city where she can finally work towards making her and her abba's dream come true, to become Maharashtra's best doctor.

She glanced at the rear view mirror to find a reflection of her abba sitting at the back seat, his eyes closed and a peaceful expression on his face as he slept, while her Usha Mausi sat beside him rummaging through her bag to make sure she has definitely got everything - like she has done several times already since leaving their tiny little abode. Seeing them so relaxed after the mayhem of the last couple of months brought an indescribable joy in her heart and she knew that they were just as happy to be leaving this place as she was, excited for the new prospects that the move would invite into their lives.

Smiling Sai Looked beside her at the driver's side and stared at the man who made the move to Nagpur possible. Virat Chavan.

Sai couldn't explain her feelings towards the ACP. Since meeting him her emotions had gone through a roller coaster ride. When she first found about Virat she was relieved because for her that meant her fathers VRS would finally get sanctioned and she can prepare to move to Nagpur as soon as possible, but then she had met him and realised he was the same 'Gabbar' whose car had thrown mud on her and worst of all delayed her Abba's retirement, at that point her feelings had changed to hatred. But then she had observed his behaviour towards her father and Mausi, the clear love and respect he had for them changed her perspective and she realised he wasn't bad - but she kept to her stubbornness and refused to make his life any easier. It wasn't until that creep Jagtap tried to shoot at her father and Virat took the bullet for him, she realised that her heart had grown fond of him and dare she say was attached.

She didn't know what name to give her feelings for him, was it just respect or more than that, but she knew that he has now become an integral part of her life and part of her family and that meant he was really important to her and if his behaviour and protective streak when it came to her was anything to go by, she knew that she was just as important to him.

"I can feel you burning a hole in my face. Itna kyun goor rahi ho"

Sai snapped out her thoughts and felt her face heating up, embarrassed at being caught staring at him.