Chapter Eight - The Talk

Thank you for all your lovely comments on the previous chapter, like I say comments and votes keep me motivated to keep writing, so if you are voting please do drop a quick feedback as well, I will truly appreciate it!

I have also changed Sai and Virat's aesthetic, so please do go back and have a look so it gives you a clear visual of what I am envisioning their characters to be like.

Without further delays, here is the next chapter. I hope you enjoy, please drop a vote and comment.

The loud hooting of Sai's friends finally registered in his brain, and the realisation dawned that he was kissing her in front of a crowd, a private moment that should have been between  them  was being witnessed by her friends

The loud hooting of Sai's friends finally registered in his brain, and the realisation dawned that he was kissing her in front of a crowd, a private moment that should have been between them was being witnessed by her friends. Oh god, what have I done! Pulling away gently, he instantly felt bereft and seeing her standing there with her eyes shut and her lips red and swollen, he fought against his very being to stop himself from going in for a second. He kept staring at her, willing her silently to open her eyes, he wanted, no ... he needed to see the emotions behind them to reassure him that he didn't massively over step a line. Thankfully, she didn't disappoint, as Sai slowly opened her eyes, she looked up at him with coyness in her gaze, and a gentle smile on her face, immediately settling the storm that was brewing inside him. The cheers of her friends were getting louder and closer, but momentarily he blocked them out and just concentrated on the girl before him, taking her in. She looked stunning, with her slightly mussed up hair, her nude lipstick spread from her mouth, her dupatta haphazardly laid across her shoulder, and yet again he kicked himself for not making their first kiss a special and private event, no one but him should ever see the innocent seduction that Sai is exuding, this vision should be for his eyes only.

He raised his hand and gently rubbed his fingers across her mouth, rubbing the remnants of her lipstick off. Her hands that were still around him finally fell to her side and she lowered her gaze, he smiled at her coyness "itna bhi na sharmao, ki hamara dil aapke pairon mein pighal jaye", he whispered, his voice hoarse.

"Wow Sir, it's a first that Sai has nothing to say", Her friend Ajinkya teased.

And just like that they both jolted out of their bubble, and awkwardly stood next to each avoiding the others eyes, Sai adjusted her dupatta and fixated on the floor feeling embarrassed but happy at the same time, while Virat had looked towards her friends and addressed them.

"It's quite late, how are you all getting home?" He questioned, deliberately avoiding any conversation around what they saw live in front of them.

"We will be getting the bus sir", Aniket answered, standing there with his arms around Shilpa.

Virat briefly glanced at Sai, wishing he could casually put his arm around her, but at this moment he couldn't trust himself to touch her even innocently, in the fear that he would pull her in for another soul shattering kiss.

"Absolutely not, it's dark outside and unsafe so I'll drop you all off, just go get your stuff", He ordered, raising his hands to stop their protest before they can even utter a word, "I am putting my foot down on this so get moving"