Chapter Nine - Family Ties

Thank you all for your lovely comments and the votes! I have been trying to get this out to you guys for a little while but work and family life has been taking my time. Please keep the votes and comments coming, it makes my day 100% brighter. 

Also tell me what has your favourite part been from this story so far? And are you excited to see what is going to be happening in the future?

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

So how did it go? xx - Jaagra Champion ❤️❤️

Virat glanced at his phone as he was talking to his brother and saw it was text from Sai. He had been texting her quite a bit since dropping her off, until his last message where he had said he would talk to her later as Samrat was waiting for him. He unlocked his phone and brought up his messages, grinning at her saved name in his contact, 'Jaagra champion', Sai will surely kill him if she ever found out.

As good as it could, I guess. We are talking so that's a positive xx

He replied back to her and put his phone down on the table in front of him, giving his attention back to Samrat.

"Was that her, your Sai?" Sam asked, and watched as Virat's face started going red at Sai being termed 'his'

"Yeah, that's her", He confirmed not being able to keep the grin off his face.

Samrat laughed at his younger brother's Cupid stricken face and got up from the sofa, prepared to get himself to bed and prayed his devil wife was asleep, "you go phone your mashooqa, I'm going to bed. Good night"

"Goodnight", Virat wished, watching Sam go inside before grabbing his phone from the table and dialing a familiar number. He didn't have to wait long before it got picked up.

"Finally, I was starting to think you forgot about me," Sai complained as soon as she answered the phone.

Virat chuckled, "tumhe bhool jau? you are part of my universe Sai, it's not possible to forget an integral part of a universe"

He could almost feel Sai roll her eyes, "Enough of buttering me up, tell me what happened, Samrat Bhaiya ne maaf kiya?'

Virat raised his brows in surprise and amusement . "Bhaiya?' He asked. "Relationships are normally made after marriage, aur yahan tumne pehle se hi bana diya"

"Aap ko mere tang khichne ke alawa aur kuch nahin aata?" She whined, making him laugh. "Now stop digressing and tell me, or I'm putting the phone down"

"Accha baba, I'm telling you, tumhara gussa hamesha naak pe kyun rehta hain?"

"Viraaat, are you telling me or not!" She snapped, getting annoyed.

"Okay, okay" He soothed, trying to calm her down. "Maaf toh nahin kiya abhi, bar umeed diya hain ke shayed ek din maafi mil jayega"

There was a silence on the other side for the briefest of seconds before he received a response, "is that good?' She asked unsure, after all she knew how much he was yearning for his brother's forgiveness and having to wait for it even longer now must be killing him, but Virat only smiled, he was at peace.

"Pehle umeed nahi thi, Isliye ek bechaini tha, bar ab umeed hai is liya dil ko sukoon hai" He heard her sigh in relief, and he smiled softly, understanding her worry for him. He really missed her, even though it hadn't been more than two hours that he last seen her "I wish you were here Sai, remember in Gadchiroli, we would spend nights like this in the porch with a cup of tea and garam samosas"