Chapter Five - Jealousy

Would like to apologise for the delay, life just got in the way.  I will try to get better at updating, I have a clear vision of where this story will be leading and I am quite excited to pen my thoughts down. For those who took the time to comment, like/ favourite and even follow, your time and your acknowledgment is really appreciated, it makes my day a little brighter. 

I hope you all like this chapter,  I am going to slowly start integrating other characters in the story  to start building it up. 

________________________________________________________________________________

"Mujhe dance competition mein participate karne keliya choose kiya gaya hai", Sai told her Aaba, Maushi and Virat while they were seated to have their dinner.

That day after Virat dropped Sai off, she was in back to back lectures but during free period she had went to the library to study, she was so engrossed in her books that initially she didn't hear anything but then a melodious strum of guitars reached her ears, she didn't know what happened but she found herself following the music to the cafeteria where a body of students were surrounding a boy playing his guitar, it wasn't until she heard thunderous claps that she realised she had been dancing to his tune. Everyone had been so impressed with her dancing, including her principle that she got convinced to participate in the upcoming dance competition between them and a neighboring education establishment, at first Sai had declined as she didn't want any sort of interference in her studies but her principal told her it would be extra credit so she quickly agreed.

"I didn't know you dance?", Virat asked surprised, staring at her in admiration from where he was sitting opposite to her. He had been watching her every move since he picked her back up from college, even helping her and Maushi out in the kitchen, although he was mainly getting in her way and Sai couldn't stop from her face heating up each time he looked at her with that enamored expression.

"Dance, Singing and Acting. My Sai is quite talented, if she didn't want to pursue being a doctor she could have been an artist, a popular celebrity", Kamal gushed, looking at his daughter with a gleam of pride in his eyes.

"She is as beautiful as one", Virat muttered under his breath.

''Kuch kaha apne sir?" Kamal questioned smirking, hearing exactly what his senior officer said.

'Maine? Nahin toh" Virat quickly responded and then stared down at his plate of food before his guru became suspicious as to why he kept staring at his daughter. "How did you end up participating in this competition anyways?' He questioned Sai, while spooning away at his meal.

Sai who was still blushing and stealing glances at him suddenly became animated when she was recalling what happened, throwing her hands around while she was telling them the story. She made sure during her retelling of the events she didn't look towards Virat as she knew she couldn't control her blushes, if she had she would have noticed him burning up in envy every time she mentioned the boy who played the guitar, Aniket.

" ... and Aaba he won Indian Idol!", She gushed.

"Arre haan, Maine bhi dekha tha voh show, ladka bahut accha gaata hain", Usha Maushi said, backing Sai up.

"What's the big deal in that?", Virat grumbled "It's just singing"

All three of the other members of the family looked at him in surprise, and he realised his tone sounded a bit petulant, so he looked back and smiled brightly at them.

"I mean it's not as if he fought a war, you know?"

Kamal and Usha looked at each other and sniggered, understanding his jealousy , while Sai looked at Virat confused.