Chapter Twelve - Family Dramas

First of all, please accept my humblest apologies for the month delay in updating. Life got in the way massively and I was also travelling for work purposes so just did not have the time. I had been writing bits and bobs of the chapter, but didn't want to post until it was ready, so I hope you all enjoy this chapter and forgive me for my tardiness. 

Please do vote and leave comments, I love reading them!

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Virat had left the Joshi household with a heavy heart, although Sai was lot calmer after their chat he could see through her cheerful act and understood that it was all a facade and she was deeply hurt beneath it all, unfortunately for Virat though he couldn't do anything about it as his duty as an officer took priority over anything else in his life right now, and that included Sai. That did not undermine his love for her though, she is an integral part of his world, but when he became a police officer and he made an oath, he made it knowing that one day he would have to sacrifice his life if it came down to it, for the safekeeping of his country and millions of innocent lives, regardless of how much devastation it would cause in his life.

With Sai in his mind and thoughts of how to cheer her up before he left he entered his house, not instantly noticing his family members crowding in the living room, waiting for him. It wasn't until he heard Sonali Kaku's "finally inhe ye yaad agaya ki inki ek family be hai" in a sarcastic tone that he turned around to see the sena standing.

He internally groaned but moved forward to greet his family. He conspicuously looked at his mother to get an idea of the storm that was brewing and he could see her mouthing 'shaadi' to him, instantly putting his back up. He noticed both his brothers standing behind his mother in almost unity like they were there ready to jump in and support him if needed and he was thankful that at least there were some people in his family that were sane enough and understood his needs and actually put him first.

His dad and Omi kaka were standing on either side of his Kaku who as his mother mentioned looked as if she was on a warpath, while his Mansi bua stood slightly away from them looking at him sympathetically, her daughter in law beside her glaring at him and Sonali Kaku and Karishma on the other side whispering and giggling to each other.

I guess Shivani Bua and Devyaani Thai will be missing the drama today, he thought wryly before addressing his family. "aap sab yahan itne raat gaye, sab theek hain?"

"Toh you understand it's late at night, aur tumhe abhi fursat mili ghar aane mein", Pakhi commented bitterly, knowing where he has been and who he has been with.

Virat gritted his teeth, could this woman never mind her own business, what the hell did I ever see in her, stupid Sunny and his over sightedness.

"Patralekha, ghar ke bare abhi yahan hain tumhe judge hone ki zaroorat nahin hain" Bhavani remarked tonelessly, keeping her eyes on Virat throughout.

Pakhi, who felt humiliated, was about to retort, but halted when she saw her husband glare at her from the other side of the room.

"Aur tu Virat, tu kabse apne Kaku ki baat nahin manta" Bhavani asked, "Aaj tere guru aur teri Girlfriend mujhse zyaada mayne rakte hain tere liye"

Virat who was still glaring at Pakhi had to stop himself rolling his eyes at his aunt's dramatics, "Kaku, aap aisa kyun keh rahi hain?"

"Toh aur kya kahu? Jab tere Aai ne kaha tha tujhe ke mujhe tujhse baat karni hain, aur tujhe ghar jaldi aane ke liye kahe, tune baat nahi maani aur aab ghar aaya hain, hume poore din intezaar karwaya. Tu toh pehle aisa nah tha, pehle toh mere kehne par jatse aa jata tha" She continued complaining. "Aur kal jis tarah se tune mujhse baat ki, meri beizzati ki ….'