Chapter 15 : The CAT and the CATcher

Kavya's Pov :-

" I can't believe you're the same Kavya I used to meet just a few days ago , will you not feel cold?" Said Mehul after seeing me in a heavy ball gown wedding dress .

" Do you think I have a choice ? , I'll have to wear it " I replied to its reflection in the front mirror .

" Why didn't you tell me that you loved someone?" He asked in a sorrowful tone , while I turned my face to him .

" Uh , actually I wanted to.."  he cut me off in the middle .

" Just joking kiddy , I know my princess wanted to give me a surprise !!" He said while ruffling my hair with his long veiny hands .
My heart skipped a beat when I felt his touch and saw his warm but sad smile .

I think that I'm going to miss you because only you were the one who actually made me happy .
I thought .

" Kavya , are you done , it's almost time " said my mother entering the dressing room .
For the final time I looked at Mehul and passed him a hopeful smile .

" Yes , I'm done " I said , diverting my gaze from Mehul to my mother .

It was a massive , luxurious wedding hall  where our wedding was going to be held .

My mother came near me and helped me to set myself and then we left the room , Mehul was beside me the whole time .

After walking a little through the corridor ,we finally entered the hall . I saw the guests enjoying their drinks and joyful conversations until their eyes fell on me .

" Oooooohhh, here's the bride " they started cheering , making me all nervous at once . I shifted my gaze from them to the large stage , where I found him , my fake destiny staring at me with his eyes wide opened , there stood Ana beside him , I don't know what's her relation with him but it seems like they are good friends .

After a few seconds , I passed a bright , probably fake smile to all and started walking towards the stage with my mother.

Mother left my hand when we reached the stage and there stood Aryaman with his hand lifted to help me walk on the stairs .
I wasn't about to take his hand but after realising that we are lovers in everyone's eyes ,  I attached my palm to his cold and huge hand .

I walked , reaching the middle of the stage , while Aryaman lifted my gown from the back which was probably moping the stage .

He then stood beside me , close . Probably flexing about his height .

" So here comes the soon to be bride and groom " his father shouted from the front , I just smiled a little .

We were said to be turned to face each other for the wedding .
Priest started reading his stuff , while his eyes were dead attached to mine . They weren't cold , the stare was soft . Which was a new thing to me .

After the priest was done with all the rituals . He closed his massive book and stared at us .
" Now , the three promises that you'll give to  each other , tell them " said the priest .

Aryaman again passed a glance at me .
" I promise to be there by your side at any costs "
" I promise to stay loyal and protect you with my fullest "
" I promise to give you my whole love "
He said with an unusual look on his face .
I suddenly felt butterflies in my stomach . I wish that they could be real but by another person .

" I promise to always support you in every situation "
" I promise to stay loyal and help you with whatever you want "
" I promise to love you with my fullest "
I said , taking an equal gap after every sentence .

" Now the groom may kiss the bride "
my eyes widened . I mean I was prepared for this but listening to it suddenly flipped my stomach . I stared at him . His eyes were attached to my lips .
He took his steps and came dangerously close to me . He cupped my face with his long cylindrical fingers and leaned a little .

" Just act fool girl" he whispered in a very cold tone before suddenly attaching his lips  with me .

I forgot to close my eyes . They were wide opened . I  lifted  my hands to force him back but he was too strong for that .
" We're surrounded by cameras and drones , we could not deny a kiss" he said , his voice was darker than I thought it could be . I closed my eyes when tears started to form . After a few seconds he finally detached his lips from mine . I slowly opened my eyes just to find him already staring at me , observing my eyes . Yes , they were wet .
When the priest was done with his blessings. We turned to face our parents in order to receive blessings for them . After we all were done with the dinner and joyful conversations, it was time for me to leave with my so-called husband .

                          ***********

I'll miss you my daughter .
May your upcoming life bring joy and happiness within you ?
What ? , they ? , no never . How can be they so fake ?
" Stop making those faces while thinking otherwise stop thinking " he said in his deep husky voice .
I rolled my eyes before turning my gaze from the outside view to him who was sitting beside me with his legs wide open whereas I was just covering  a small portion of the car .
" Why are you looking at me ?" I asked .
" I can't help it " he said while looking straight at the front glass . Whereas my eyes were still locked on him .
" Can't help with what ?" I asked .
" Can't help looking at your ugly face " he said while a small smirk displayed on his face .
" I am pretty " I said in a confident voice .
" Okay , now shut up , I can't talk to you anymore " he said , his voice turning a little serious and darker .
I didn't say anything and looked away .

                             *********

" So that's your room , the one by the end of the corridor upstairs " he said while pointing his finger towards the room upstairs . I can't just stop thinking about the incident that happened in this place , in this house that night . The mark is still on my back . Even if it doesn't pain anymore . It does make me feel disgusting .
" And the one beside yours is min...." He was cut off by a familiar voice .
" Oh my goodness , I finally have a family " we both  turned around to find his father standing on the main door .
" Dad ? " Aryaman said in confusion .
" I thought you would've reached your house " He said .
" Nah , you're a  newly wedded couple so I'll be staying here for some time to make you settle and help you both to start your new life "  said  dad  or uncle , I guess . We looked at each other , knowing what will be the result of this . We will have to actually act like  a real couple .
" Dad , don't you think we need  some privacy , right now " he said in his darkest voice . I felt butterflies but why ?, I should not be feeling like this .
" Don't worry , I will not disturb you both when you are in your bedroom " uncle said .
Why the fvck is this conversation getting darker . I mean just stop it . Where are they taking it ?
" Okay , do whatever you want " said Aryaman . I was listening to the whole conversation standing like a staute .
Aryaman started to walk towards his room , followed by the stairs . I was drowned in confusion , like now what am I supposed to do ?
Should I follow Aryaman ?
Or should I go to the room he told me to stay in ?
But dad's here .
Aghhh
I turned my gaze towards Aryaman's back , hoping for an answer . He turned his face towards me , looking at me from the stairs .
" Hurry up , I need to sleep also.....darling " he said while pointing his finger towards his room . My eyes widened . The butterflies came back again .
I tried to act as normal as I could in front of his dad  and started to walk towards his room with him .

Hiiii readers
So now I actually wanted to know how my story is actually going , I know I have very few  readers but please do let me know if it's getting boring because somewhere I'm losing interest in writing.
Thanks . Your feedback will be appreciated ☺️.