𝟎𝟎𝟒 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 (𝟏𝟖+)

Warning(s): angst, fluff, smut, one mention about bullying/suicide, one mention about abuse/SA

A/N: This is the fourth and last backstory chapter which takes place before the Ghostface killing spree starts.

-

ONE MONTH LATER

Tuesday August 10, 2021

AT 2:00 AM, KAI is resting soundly on the couch. Judy is once again working the night shift at the sheriff station while Wes is sleeping over at Chad and Mindy's.

Kai awoke to a notification, and somebody texted him. He checked his phone, and he looks up at the notification text, and it's from Amber - his former pal and Tara's ex-girlfriend.

He stopped being friends with her after the incident occurred a month later, where he and Amber had a huge blowout argument over the phone in front of Tara and the others, about him "making a move" and he wasn't, which led the friendship between them came to an end.

Kai's heart raced as he read Amber's text. He hadn't expected to hear from her again, especially not after their last argument. He hesitated for a moment, wondering if it was a good idea to let her come over. But something in her message seemed sincere, so he typed out a reply: "Yes". In other words, his mind is saying, "Okay, so she's coming over. But hopefully we're not going to fight again".

-