𝟎𝟎𝟔 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦

Warning(s): angst, fluff, violence

-

THE NEXT MORNING. While sleeping, Kai is still getting over the terrible things that happened after Tara's attack.

Kai woke up to his phone ringing and it's Haleigh calling him, he answers it.

"Hello?"

"Kai."

"Haleigh."

"How are you holding up?"

"Not so good."

"I'm at the hospital with Tara."

"Really? H-How is she? Is she okay?"

"She's okay. Tara...she's awake."

Kai's expression brightens with relief. "What? Really?"

"Yes, she's asking for you. She wants to see you."

"I'll be right there."

Kai hangs up.

Kai does not spare any time in seeing Tara in the hospital. He is eager to visit her and to find out how she is doing.

-

At the hospital, Kai walks into Tara's room and sees Haleigh sitting on Tara's bedside. Tara sees Kai walking in.

"Kai?"

"Tara."

"You came for me."

"I'm so glad you're okay." He sits on the bed beside Tara. "I thought... I was going to lose you."

"Kai. I'm okay." Tara said.

"I know." Kai said.

The door opens, and it's Judy. She came into the room and said, "Kai. Surprised to see you here."

"Mom. How are you?" Kai said.

"I'm fine. Can you come outside for a second?" Judy said. And he says, "Sure."

Judy pulls Kai outside, and there's another Sheriff outside, waiting for Kai and Judy to come out.

"Kai, this is Deputy Vinson." Judy says, introducing Kai to Deputy Vinson. And, Deputy Vinson nods and Kai nods back and smiles.

"What's up?" Kai asked Deputy Vinson, and the sheriff nodded again.

Judy says, "We checked the cameras at Tara's last night."

"Really?"

"After Tara was attacked, me and the other Sheriff deputies checked the cameras, and we've seen a familiar face."

"What are you trying to say?" Kai asked, his eyebrow raised up, wanting to know what Judy is trying to say.

"Have you seen the movie Stab?" Judy gave Kai a hint.

"Yeah, since last summer with a mutual friend of mine."

"Remember the story I told you about? The story about the murders taken place two decades ago?" Judy asked.