06

𝐀 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐭

He was moving on instinct, his rage and lust having done away with all other mental faculties

He was moving on instinct, his rage and lust having done away with all other mental faculties. Klaus wasn't even aware of his surroundings nor the trail his nose followed.

Bonnie. Find her. Claim her. Mate her.

His nose led him on, ignoring the blare of horns, the screeching of tires, the exclamations of petty humans urging him to move out of the way.

Then he felt a bone crushing weight smashing into his side. Suddenly he was off his feet tumbling over a hot metal surface before hitting the ground.

Bloody fucking hell...

Klaus felt himself coming back to his senses in time for the sharp jolt of pain in his right hip. He sat up anyway, no stranger to a broken bone or two. He'd had enough of those even before his immortality thanks to his father.

The yelling of some ridiculous human momentarily broke his thoughts.

"Oh my god, man you hit him?!"

He'd been on his way to her. To his Bonnie. And this degenerate had interfered. His veins still black Klaus turned to glare.

Two fairly young humans, one male, the other female, were staring from the vehicle that had struck him. They looked to be older than his beloved though not by too much. Maybe in their twenties or so.

"You go check him, I'll call 911."

Insufferable little shits. He'd teach them to come between him and his mate. Barely slowed by his injury Klaus was on his feet before the car. Both passengers seemed to freeze. The driver's heart rate leaped as he struggled to register what he was seeing.

"Dude you got the plague or something? What's up with your face?"

He was more of a fool than he looked. Klaus gave him no chance to react, landing on the front hood, tearing through the windshield to yank him toward his extended canines. As the girl watched screaming, he tore into the boy's throat and took a long satisfying drink.

Well at least he tasted better than his manners.

Tossing the body aside he went for his second snack. She was just as delectable.

More cars were pulling up behind. More concerned and morbidly curious humans. More blood— delicious blood pumping rapidly through delicate veins. It was like Christmas for the raging hybrid, the perfect release for his frustrations. He would drain them all, messy and slow. Yes, savoring their dying screams!