25

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥

Always and forever. He liked the sound of that. Just as he liked the sound of his mate finally claiming him. After topping that promise with a full-on kiss, the Original wrapped Bonnie closely in his arms and breathed in her existence. She was safe now, from Greta, from his mother. She'd out-witched the both of them and removed them from their lives. Just as he'd known she could. His Bonnie never ceased to impress him.

"So I'm thinking we get started on Greta's body," Stefan remarked.

"Damon?"

A good idea. Klaus glanced over to say as much when he noted the state of him. Dried blood covered his shirt, his chin. He hadn't seen the younger Salvatore like this in decades. Not since the 1920s.

Not that Stefan would remember...

"You can't go out looking like that," Damon gestured toward him.

"You're covered in Donavan blood."

Matt Donovan, Klaus remembered. The human was quietly keeping his distance after daring to touch Bonnie's hand. Wise decision.

Mine!

Stefan glanced over at the human and for a second his veins blackened. He quickly slapped his hand over his exposed fangs and vamp-sped back into the house.

Well, it looked like his old friend The Ripper might be resurfacing...

"Donavan, you should go," Damon noticed too.

"We got it from here."

Matt gave him a look, clearly not fond of being ordered around by the vampire. Then he turned to Bonnie.

"Are you going to be okay?"

Klaus stiffened, not liking what he was implying or the fact that he was speaking to her so soon after his warning.

"Yea, Damon's right. You should go," Bonnie agreed.

"Get away from all of this supernatural business. We'll handle Greta's body."

He seemed reluctant to leave her.

"What about Esther? You don't have her body. Does that mean she can come back?"

His mother's body. Klaus grit his teeth at the mention of it.

"Not if we keep her in this stone," Bonnie sighed in resignation.

"Either way she can't get to any of us ever again."

The hybrid gave the stone another glare, knowing SHE was inside. His mother, the one who'd hatched this plot against his mate to begin with. He would finish her, just as they intended to do with Greta.

But first he'd have to make a confession.

As he had told Elijah the night his curse was broken, he'd never buried any of his family's bodies at sea. They were together his mother and daggered siblings, locked away safe and secure. He'd promised to reunite his elder brother with them as well. And like always, he'd kept his word. Now not a single one of them could conspire against him.