26

𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

Bonnie didn't mind Klaus driving the way back home

Bonnie didn't mind Klaus driving the way back home. After the ritual and everything that she'd been through today she was mentally beat. Not to mention the upcoming bundle of joy she had yet to tell her mate about. She was silent the whole ride, pondering what exactly to do, how to bring it up. She knew he would probably be excited, the damn hybrid had been talking "Always and forever" since their first time. But again Esther's words had planted concern. What sense of morality would he teach their child?

But it wasn't just Klaus's parenting she was worried about.

I'm eighteen. I don't know anything about this.

She'd barely even lived her own life and now she was responsible for another? The thought was terrifying.

"What's wrong, Love?"

She hadn't noticed when he'd pulled into the driveway. She glanced out the window to see that they were already at her place.

"I...um...we need to talk about something."

He took her hands, caressing the knuckles as he held them.

"Whatever you want, talk away."

His eyes were so warm. She swallowed.

"Maybe inside."

He nodded and they headed in. Her father wouldn't be home for another week and even then he'd be flying back out in a couple of days so privacy wasn't an issue here. But she was still nervous as they sat on the couch in the middle of the living room. Klaus watched her patiently, a look she definitely wasn't used to seeing on him. Patience and Klaus was like an oxymoron.

"I have something to tell you. And it's kind of freaking me out but it's happening so..."

She cleared her throat before taking his hand.

"I figured out how Esther possessed me. It was through a family member, of yours and mine...in here."

Bonnie placed his hand on her lower belly. Klaus's eyes widened in understanding.

"You're...are you telling me you're..."

She nodded, her nerves still kicking in high gear.

"I'm pregnant."

Klaus looked too shocked to give any reaction. Again a look she'd never seen on him.

"But I'm a vampire...how?"

She shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe because you're a hybrid?"

Back at the school Stefan had said that vampires weren't driven by biological urges the way wolves were. By that logic Klaus shouldn't have been affected by her scent the way Tyler was. Stefan and Damon hadn't been. But since he had been, maybe the wolf in him was able to reproduce.