19

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲

She was searching out her next host when she heard his howl

She was searching out her next host when she heard his howl. A ferocious, blood-curdling, battle cry of a howl. Greta felt a mix of apprehension and desire as it caught her phantom ears. This was the alpha she knew and loved. The alpha she'd died to unleash.

He should've howled like that over me.

After Damon Salvatore had killed her. Klaus should have ended him on the spot, taken his entire family bloodline, right down to their pets. Vengeance was one of his specialties after all. Just ask Katherine Pierce.

What vengeance can he exact on me? I have nothing left for him to take. I denounced my family-my coven for him. He was my everything.

And he'd already taken that and given it to a lessor witch.

Another wave of bitterness hit her and Greta wished she could turn around and claw that Bennett witch's eyes out. What made her so special anyway? Bonnie wasn't any better than her! Certainly not at the craft! The girl seemed to only be just discovering her powers. She was a fucking newbie!

Yet Klaus saw fit to mate her. To fight for her. To kill for her.

He didn't even try to avenge my death.

No, he hadn't laid a finger on Damon for what he'd done. In fact the hybrid had healed him from a wolf bite- actually saved his life at Stefan's request! Leaving her murderer to continue to roam free, to live life having paid no recompense for his crime.

Until today. All Damon had to do was lust after Bonnie and Klaus had nearly ripped his throat out. Now he would finally die the slow and undignified death he deserved. But not for what he'd done to Greta. For what he'd merely thought about doing to Bonnie.

That Klaus...where was his fucking loyalty?!

He needed to be punished. Losing his mate would certainly suffice, but now that the pair was aware of her mission that would make things more difficult. She could still pull it off she was sure, but she'd need to think of another plan. Another way to get close enough to make it happen. In the meantime, Klaus should feel some pain.

Besides Bonnie Bennett who else could she use to hurt her old love? Who else did he care for?

Family? His brother Elijah came to mind but Klaus had disposed of him not long after her demise. He never talked about his other siblings. Still, she knew enough to know that they were Originals like him and therefore untouchable. Not to mention they weren't wolves, therefore had no mate bond to exploit. They had no weaknesses.

Friends may be Bonnie's weakness, but Klaus doesn't keep friends.

No, he never let anyone too close. Only she had been allowed in his inner-circle at the time. And obviously losing her hadn't meant a thing to him. He didn't even seem to care for anyone aside from what use he could make of them. It didn't matter if they were human, witch or vampire...