08

𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

In lieu of the darkness, Bonnie had activated a tiny flare of magic in her blood

In lieu of the darkness, Bonnie had activated a tiny flare of magic in her blood. As she smeared it on the wall it lit up, acting as small candles. It kept her from stumbling and faded only after she'd reached beyond it's need. Now it showed her the phasing Original had found her.

"Mo—"

Her words stopped mid-spell as he took her arm to examine the injury.

"Are you alright, Love?"

Bonnie didn't speak, only staring with rounded eyes. She watched as the hybrid leaned closer. His eyes were glowing as his lips neared the cut and she gasped when his tongue slid out to graze it. What the...

Her first thought was of the vampire in him. He was tasting her blood, sampling it. But his licks were gentle, not seductive or hungry. Like when her Grams had babysat a friend's old husky once. She'd skinned her knee and the darling had licked her soothingly.

Bonnie stared, understanding dawning on her. Heats brought out wolf instincts. And what did wolves do when one was injured? They licked the wounds.

He's trying to comfort me. Like a wolf would.

Another aspect of the hybrid she would have never seen coming. His eyes were still in wolf mode, as he continued to clean the cut. Bonnie didn't move, unsure of how to deal with a tender Klaus. She hadn't thought the Original capable of tenderness.

When he was satisfied with his work he straightened. Those glowing eyes met hers. Bonnie couldn't look away, even as his fangs extended further. Still eye-locked he brought his wrist to his mouth and bit down hard. Thick blood came running down.

No words were spoken as he offered it to her.

He licks me like a wolf. Then he heals me like a vampire.

Belligerently, she ignored the offering. As if she would ever drink from him.

"Who hurt you?"

The threat in his tone was enough to make her shiver. It was the promise of death, none too painless, none too quick for the party that dared to draw her blood. He would fight her assailant, massacre her assailant, destroy her assailant.

Little did he know, said assailant was herself.

"I...it was—"

She very well couldn't tell him the truth. That it had been a trap to get him here so she could seal him away. It was more sensible to say it was an accident. That way she wouldn't have to worry about him hunting down some innocent hiker.

"I just tripped."

Why was she even giving him an explanation? She should give him another aneurysm and proceed with the plan. But she couldn't just yet. The sealing spell would take more magic than any she'd performed alone. Her magic hadn't quite recharged enough.