23

𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

"I'll be the distraction," Klaus said

"Exploit her weakness-me."

As long as he kept his cool. As long as he didn't react which would cause Greta to retaliate and hurt Matt, Stefan or Damon.

"Do you trust your mate?"

He'd asked her just before they pulled up to the Salvatore's. Taking her hand, eyes flecking with gold and inquired with such gravity that she had to answer from the depths of her heart.

"I...I do."

Where this trust came from she still didn't understand but in this matter her gut said to go with Klaus. She might know magic but he knew Greta.

Her faith had pleased the hybrid and it showed in his smile.

He'd kissed her in appreciation before exiting the vehicle and heading in first as planned. When it was clear for her to follow she'd done so. They quickly discovered that Greta had set up in the backyard, most likely to avoid the attention of neighbors or passersby. The secluded location, however just might work in their favor.

"Time to make an entrance," Klaus puffed his chest.

God, he was so arrogant.

"When it's time, Love," he whispered.

Bonnie nodded, eager to get this done and overwith.

"I'll be ready."
—————
Though inhabiting the blond twit had prepared her for vampire senses, Greta was still taken aback by Stefan's abilities. She could smell the wolf musk before Klaus even hit the backyard. His aroma was thicker than ever, exuding the very definition of all things masculine and alpha.

Greta dropped Damon just as her beloved hybrid appeared before her.

"Greta."

Despite his betrayal and the rage it stowed inside her, the mere sight of him once again managed to steal her breath away.

The Original was shirtless, in a pair of snug pants that hung off the right angles of his lean physique. Her eyes couldn't help but to travel down his sweat glossed chest and lower, pausing at the front of his pants. It didn't take vampiric sight to make out the telltale print of a certain part of his anatomy. The bastard wasn't wearing any underwear.

"K-Klaus."

She hadn't been expecting that. Nor his seemingly calm expression. No, it was more like teasing, seductive. Like the looks he used to give her when she was working on spells for him. He would maintain eye contact as his finger tip glided lightly down her cheek as incentive. That look had always promised more if she pleased him. Sometimes it would be accompanied with a kiss...