Darkness Rising Part 5

Aerialace's P.O.V

"We cannot allow Megatron to send dark Energon through his Spacebridge. If we fail, the dead of Cybertron will rise, swarm through its vortex, and invade Earth. Bending humankind to Megatron's, twisted, rule. I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation as I was priming by weapons for battle by powering up Nordlys, my sword.

As I came back I heard Ratchet say, "Optimus, I've pinpointed the location of Megatron's Spacebridge, high in Earth's orbit." "Far out of our reach besides Aerialace, but one Autobot cannot defeat Megatron." Optimus stated the cold, hard, truth, "Okay, so guys don't fly, but can't you Groundbridge there?" Miko asked, "The Groundbridge has a limit to its altitude, and thus is unable to reach Megatron's Spacebridge without snapping and sending us into deep space." I informed Miko.

"Since Megatron is likely in already in transit I'm afraid we must take that risk. Reaching the Spacebridge first is our only means of stopping him." Optimus said, "Yes, Sir." I said before leaving to get my weapons and some Oxygen tanks in order to survive the vacuum of space. As I came back I saw Jack and Arcee were back, "Where to?" Arcee asked, "The final frontier." Miko answered, "Space? I-I thought they didn't have any way to get there." Jack asked confused.

"They don't. Really." Miko answered again, while Bumblebee lowered Rafeal down to the ground next to Miko. "Um... Be seeing you?" Jack said confused to Arcee.

As Ratchet opened the Groundbridge."Be careful Bee." "I'm so jealous!" The humans said their goodbyes to their guardians with their guardians giving them a response, "Optimus, if you leave stranded on a planet teeming with humans, I will never forgive you." Ratchet threatened Optimus, "Until we meet again old friend. Autobots, Roll out!" Was the last thing I heard before I opened the tube connected to the oxygen tanks so that the oxygen went into my mask. We all tranfromed and drove, while I flew, through the Groundbridge.

We got through the Groundbridge where I opened my communications link so that I could hear everything, "::Autobots, transform and gravitize::" Heard Optimus say through the communications link. I transformed but didn't know how to gravitize so I just used the thrusters on my back to keep me from crashing into the Spacebridge, "::Ace, is everything ok? Why don't you come down here?::" Arcee asked, "I am able to have a better vantage point from here and thus see incoming dangers better."

"::Ace?::" I heard Miko ask in the background, "::It's Aerialace's nickname from Cliffjumper when she joined the team::" Arcee answered Miko's question. "::Don't look down, or up, or left- guys look!::" Bulkhead said through the communications link, pointing to the right where the Nemisis is coming towards us, "::Megatron's packing enough dark Energon to raise Cybertron's dead?::" Arcee asked, "::And since we don't possess ready means of disabling the Spacebridge. Nothing get in, or out::" Optimus said as we all powered up our blasters.

I finally was able to gravitize but the sound reminded me of my ADU, Automatic Disciplinary Unit, and stayed floating. The Nemisis stopped in front of the Spacebridge, "::Well? What are waiting for?::" Arcee asked, I zoomed in my Optics to see their interstellar navigation system, "::It appears the Decepticons have sustained serious damage to their interstellar navigation system::}" Optimus said what I observed.

"::Oh! That's my handy work!::" Bulkhead said surprised. "::Great job Bulkhead, without the dish, Megatron will be unable to aim the Spacebridge at Cyberton::" Optimus congratulated. "::Don't the Decepticons know where their own planet is?::" Rafael asked, "::Naturally. But Cybertron is many light years away, to reach their target, their aim must be astronomically precise.::" Ratchet answered, "::It would be illogical for the Decepticons to rendezvous with the Spacebridge. They must have an alternate targeting system to lock onto Cybertron, perhaps on Earth.::" I said through the communications link.