Scrapheap

(Snowstorm Aerialace for later)

Aerialace P.O.V

It has been a few days since Skyquake and there was a signal in Antarctica. Bulkhead and Bumblebee left to go and see what it was. A few hours later they returned with a metal pod, frozen shut, we left it in a spare hanger to defrost. Bulkhead and Bumblebed were now in the defrosting procedure but Bulkhead protested, "I told you, doc, we're fine." "The only way to be certain you're fine, Bulkhead is to endure standard defrosting procedure. You know prolonged exposure to subzero conditions can cause permanent system damage." Ratchet shove Bulkhead back down.

"Ratchet, have you learned anything more about your arctic find?" Optimus asked, me trailing behind him like a lost puppy, "Not yet. The pod can't be opened while it's frozen solid." Ratchet responded. "Arcee, we shall see if we can find anything more about this pod." Optimus turned to Arcee, "Please, may I come, Bulkhead and Bumblebee have already proven that there are no Decepticons." I pleaded, "Very well, only because it's safe." Optimus responded.

I left to grab Australis as bringing Borealis would certainly destroy it, when I came back Ratchet was explaining the sensors, "Only until your sensors sound, remember, once your core temperature drops into the blue zone—" he flashed the sensors as an example, our insignias flashing blue, "System failures aren't likely, their imminent." Just then the humans, Bulkhead and Bumblebee came back.

"Miss us doc bot?" Miko asked as she exited Bulkhead, "Oh, shouldn't they be in school?" Ratchet sighed, "on Saturday? We have the whole weekend off, to spend with you." Miko said as if it was obvious. "I wasn't expecting to carpool, what gives Arcee?" Jack asked, "Tag team, Jack, it's my turn for exploration duty." Arcee responds, "Aw, too bad, it's a beautiful day for a ride. Would hate for you to feel guilty for leaving me indoors." Jack suggests, "Arctic exploration duty." Arcee clarifies, "Inside where it's warm." Jack quickly changes his mind.

"The Arctic? I've always wanted to see snow." Rafael looked up at us, "I would invite you to join, Rafael, but the conditions are much too extreme, even for we Autobots." Optimus told Rafael, "I understand." Rafael started to leave to talk to Bumblebee. "Wait, and she's joining you?" Miko asked, pointing at me, "Because there are no immediate dangers, Aerialace is allowed to join us." Optimus explained.

But, I will bring you back a snowball." Optimus told Rafael before he left, "That would be awesome!" Rafael looked up at Optimus with stars in his eyes.

As we made it through the Groundbridge Australis immediately began to glow brighter, "What's going on with your sword?" Arcee asked, I took out Australis and explained, "Australis is closer to its own magnetic pole, the Antarctic, and thus has more power. It is also the reason why I left Borealis at the base, it would be destroyed by the lack of power from its magnetic pole."

"Let us split up to cover more area." Optimus suggested. I transformed and took the the skies, the cold winds on my plating felt amazing. "::So... Aerialace, how old are you exactly?::" Arcee asked, "::Nearly twelve vorns, 995 Earth years, exactly.::" I responded.

As I flew around, not finding anything, Optimus commed both me and Arcee, "::Arcee, Aerialace, what's your status?::" Optimus asked, "::My sensor has yet to be activated.::" I said, "::My sensor's going off. Guess we should call for pickup before things get chilly.::" Arcee replied, "::Optimus to base, core temperature readings have reached the blue zone, prepare to activate Groundbridge.::" I heard Optimus say.

"::Let us rendezvous so in case our communications link also dies.::" I suggested. A little later we grouped together and were walking to find shelter. "::Optimus to base, do you read me?::" Optimus tried again only to get static. Suddenly Arcee fell to the ground and I helped her up, "Are you sure a nice long drive wouldn't help? I hear Miami's beautiful this time of year." Arcee asked, "The nearest temperate climate is too distant, Arcee, attempting to reach it would expend too much energy and hasten the freezing process. Until Ratchet sends for us, and he will, our best option would be to seek shelter and insulate ourselves." Optimus explained.