Sick mind/Memories

(A/N): I wanted to make a special chapter but decided to combine them because they both take place at the same time and they would both be short chapters alone.

(Optimus' P.O.V)

"Optimus, we need to talk." Ratchet walked up to me, "About what?" I ask, "You need to let Aerialace out soon, because she is a flyer, she can contract sky sickness." Ratchet warned me, "On the next mission I will bring her." I decided, "Ok, unless it's too dangerous." Ratchet added, "Yes, unless it's too dangerous." I confirmed.

It's been a few hours since that conversation. "Optimus, you're not going to believe this. I just pinpointed the location of the Decepticon warship." Ratchet flagged me down, "How did you penetrate their cloaking technology?" I asked, "I didn't. I was experimenting with variable frequency wavelengths when I stumbled upon them, even still, their ship must be experiencing some kind of electromagnetic breach." Ratchet explained.

'With Megatron deceased and the element of surprise." Arcee started but Bulkhead interrupted her, "We could cause some serious damage. I muttered to Ratchet, "We're not bringing her.", "No, too dangerous." Ratchet agreed. Our attention was interrupted when the monster sounded off again, "Also on the same frequency, an Autobot emergency beacon." Ratchet informed us.

"The Decepticons can wait, there may be Autobots in distress, Ratchet bring your medical kit, I'll get Aerialace." I ordered and walked off to Aerialace's room. Once I got there I knocked on the door a few times before Aerialace opened the door, "Yes, sir?" She asked, "Me and Ratchet have decided that you will come with us for this mission." I said, "Yes, sir." She responded. As we walked I debriefed her about the situation. Once we got back to the hanger Ratchet had his medical kit ready and stood beside an open groundbridge.

Once we stepped through the groundbridge Aerialace's stabiliser wings slightly raised at the fresher air that surrounded them. We walked for a small bit until we saw the ruins of a ship, "A crash landing, buried here for centuries." I observed. We got closer to the and Ratchet made an opening. "If they traveled in stasis mode there may be survivors." Ratchet hoped.

A few steps in and the ship begun to shake, we quickly regained our balance and continued. When we came to a door, I forced it open, and looked into it to see multiple corpses, Ratchet went to look at the bodies. "Optimus! These Autobots didn't perish in the crash. They're displaying the effects of a virus." Ratchet discovered, "This is a plague ship." I concluded. Aerialace was about to continue walking but Ratchet stopped her, "Don't Touch Anything. The virus could still be active." He warned.

A few seconds later and the ship shifted again, causing us to get knocked to a wall. A few moments passed and we heard a creaking above Aerialace. I pushed her out of the way from a few drops of infected energon, causing me to get infected, but all I did was push her into a small puddle of energon instead, "No!" I heard Ratchet yell before I heard and saw nothing.

(Aerialace's P.O.V)

Optimus pushed me out of the way from getting infected but he just pushed me into a puddle of energon instead. I quickly checked my internal systems of my wings to see if they got past my suit and into my wings, and by the Allspark, it did. "No!" I heard Ratchet yell before stabilising an unconscious Optimus. I quickly helped Ratchet hold Optimus while he called for an emergency groundbridge.

When we came back we put Optimus on a medical berth, one of his optics was infected and flickering. After Ratchet scanned Optimus he concluded what it was, "Cybonic plague, it's only contagious if contact is made with the infected energon." Ratchet explained, "What was a plague doing in an Autobot spaceship?" Miko asked, "It's passengers were infected, the virus wiped out millions on Cybertron during the Great War." Arcee explained to Miko.