Shadowzone

(A/N) Sorry this chapter took so long

(Aerialace P.O.V)

I woke up, feeling uncomfortable, I take a quick glance to see I didn't have my armor. I panicked for a moment before remembering the events of yesterday, I immediately calm down. After recollecting myself, I stood up and went to my desk, while leaning heavily on the wall. I limped over to my desk where I found my rolling chair, I sit on it, and rolled over to my materials cupboard. I take out two rods and some bandages, I put the two rods so that they would sandwich my pedde, I then started to wrap the bandages around my pedde and rods. Once I finished creating the splint, I tested it out by standing.

Once I fully stood up, I tried to walk, only to be able to heavily limp a little before falling down. Optimus, apparently hearing the noise, came to check on me. When he opened the door, he found me reinforcing the split, I had yet to notice him so he decided to speak first, "What are you creating?" I lightly jumped at the voice and looked up at Optimus, "I am creating a splint in order to walk, sir." I responded.

"Would you want Ratchet's assistance? I would be able to assist you there." Optimus offered, "Yes please, sir." I confirmed.

A few minutes later and I was in the medical bay, with Ratchet taking measurements for a splint. "I have all the materials to make a temporary splint but we'll have to recreate your battle armour if you want to go out into the field again." Ratchet observed. "I have schematics, so it will not be the hard part. The main problem is that my old suit was made out of rare Earth materials." I explained.

"Let's get started then on the splint." Ratchet remembered.

(Timeskip)

Ratchet was able to create a splint for me to walk around in, at this point everyone was awake and in the main part of the base. Me and Ratchet walked out of the medical bay, discussing my future suit, "We could incorporate an A.I so you can get some help during missions, it could help you by giving suggestions and other things." Ratchet suggested, "That would be useful. I will get started on the coding soon." I answered. We split ways as I started coding A.I on my private datapad.

"I hoped my expertise on the subject would stay purely academic. But though feint, this is clearly a dark energon signature, and it's moving fast." Ratchet reported after a bit, "Megatron..." Optimus realises, "Where'd he find more of the bad stuff?" Arcee asked, "And what's he gonna do with it? Recruit an army of the undead?" Bulkhead continued. "Zombie cons!?" Miko looked up from her drawing.

"We cannot rule out the possibility, especially since Megatron seems to be heading to a familiar site." Optimus observed. "Megatron has barely emerged from stasis and it seems he's already making up for lost time, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Ratchet, prepare to roll out." Optimus ordered, "Me?" Ratchet asked, shocked, "If we are dealing with dark energon, I may well require your expertise. Arcee-" Optimus reasons, "Bridge operator, got it." Arcee cuts Optimus off, "And make sure Aerialace doesn't do anything strenuous." Optimus continues.

"Her splint isn't meant for hard work, just walking." Ratchet explains, "Okay, no heavy work for Ace." Arcee confirms [Aw, is Cee gonna babysit us?] Cliffjumper joked. "Go get 'em, Bulkhead. Bring the hurt." Miko yells, boredly. I ignored the rest of the team leaving and continued to code the A.I. I was brought out of my thoughts by Arcee, who wanted more answers.

"Aerialace, I just want to know... why?" "I do not understand." I ask back, "Why did you keep this a secret?" Arcee elaborated, "All I had was myself to rely on, first when I was in Temenos, and when I survived on Earth. I had nothing else to support me. I wanted to tell you but I continued to delay it until it reached a point where I thought you would never trust me again." I excplained.