Seven: Emma

I'm glad I arrived on a Sunday. That is, until my alarm goes off the next morning .I groan as I slap my chip, which means slapping my wrists and having pain shoot up my arm. "Shit!" I groan, clutching my wrist. This. This is why I hate my chip at times.

I manage to uncurl myself and unwrap the blankets from around me to stand up. I don't even clap before the lights are turning on. Frowning I clap my hands and open the curtains, letting in the natural-ish morning light. Who needs inside lighting when I get a view like this?

My room overlooks the canyons behind the Mars' house. The sun peeks out from behind them as if scared to greet everyone. The bottom of the canyons are filled with trees, with birds hopping or flying over and between them. I take in a deep breath, as if seeing the sight can bring me fresh air. I'm glad they were able to save some of the beauty of the natural world even as it was being destroyed.

I tear my gaze away from the window and head into the bathroom. Hanging on the rod from the shower is my school uniform. My brows furrow. How did this get in here? I know it wasn't in here yesterday. A shiver goes down my back. If someone in this house can sneak past me that easily what does that say about my skills as a spy?

I take the outfit down off the rod and place it on the counter, then I undress and run through a quick shower. I know it's not the smartest idea to get my curls wet because they'll never stay down now but I still feel gross from the trip and I don't need that to be my first impression at my new school.

After the shower, with a towel around me I pick up the outfit and scrunch my nose. Seriously? A skirt? I sigh. I guess I'll have to go see my aunt- new principal about getting some pants. Assuming I'd be allowed some pants. I put the outfit on and tie my hair up into a bun. As I'm leaving the bathroom and tugging the skirt down in the back my name floats through my room.

"Yeah?" I call.

"Are you having breakfast before school?" Samantha's voice floats into my room.

I pick up my messenger bag, which sits tossed by the dresser. "I'd like to," I respond when the door slides open.

Samantha takes a step back, her skirt swirls around her. Omg. Her skirt. I think it's shorter than mine. I cough and force my gaze up to her green eyes and not focus on her long legs and the peek from her skirt. She smiles, maybe a little smugness behind it. "Well then, we better hurry and eat before we leave."

I nod. "Yep. Sounds like a good idea."

She chuckles as she spins around, her blonde hair that hangs loose today whips around behind her. It sends a flowery smell to assault my nose. Oh, who am I kidding? It graces my nose and I end up following her like a lost puppy dog down into the kitchen.

"Hi, Emma!" Jax greets me.

Samantha places her hands on her hips. "What? No greeting for your own sister?"

Jax grins and shakes his head.

"Well, I guess you don't get a good morning hug then," she tells him as she heads to the pantry.

His eyes widen. "No hug?!" He jumps out of his chair and races to her. "I'm sorry! Good morning bestest sister in the whole world!"

Samantha smirks. "That's more like it," she says as she bends down and scoops him up. She ruffles his hair and rests him on her hip. "Now, what do we all want to eat?"

"Colored loops!" Jax cheers.

She grins. "Yeah?" Then she looks over her shoulder at me. "Do you want that too? Or do you want something else?"

I shrug. "I'm fine with that."

"Sounds like we're all eating Fruit Loops today." She reaches into the pantry and grabs the box.