Ways to Tell

A/N: Taking place before TBT :)

                            __________________________________________________

"There's something I need to tell you..."

Rhonda cocks her head at John Dory, her green eyes wide with curiosity as he starts to pull out a photograph from his hair, setting down the emptied bag of marshmallows they'd just finished wolfing down on the ground.

                            __________________________________________________

"I probably should've told you a long time ago, but I wasn't sure how to bring it up..."

Bruce looks down in shame, feeling a little guilty from keeping the secret for so long. Brandy pauses in her dishwashing and looks down at him, knowing something serious is up that would require her full attention to be on her husband. With a hand on her belly, swollen with her fifth pregnancy, she asks him a question.

                            __________________________________________________

"What is it?"

Clay breaks his gaze away from Viva's for a second to scratch the back of his neck, feeling a little embarrassed. "You know, I wasn't always a very serious businessman and licensed CPA like I am now, Veevs. You see, I... um, I..."

                            __________________________________________________

"... I was part of a boyband."

Crimp's eyes widen with interest. "Wow! Really?"

"Yeah," Floyd responds, nodding his head. "We really were something, too. The biggest one that there was, I think..."

                            __________________________________________________

"... and the most brodacious!"

Rhonda blinks, trilling with excitement at how excited John Dory was getting telling her about it. He holds the picture up before her nose and points out each figure.

                            __________________________________________________

"You see, there was five of us. John Dory, he was the oldest. Always liked to be called 'The Leader.' My brother Clay was 'The Fun Boy.' Floyd was 'The Sensitive One.' Branch was 'Bitty B, The Baby.' And me, well... I was Spruce. 'The Heartthrob....'"

"'Spruce?'" Brandy asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah..." Bruce sighed. "I didn't really want that whole 'boyband' thing following me for the rest of my life, so, when I got here, I changed my name..."

                            __________________________________________________

"... because I'm not 'The Fun Boy' anymore," Clay said firmly. "See, 'Serious Boy Clay' doesn't do the 'Rusty Robot' anymore. He does the well-oiled machine robot, and it is NO fun at all." He demonstrates by doing the dance.

Viva cocks her head. "Oh! Okay." She still thought that it did look pretty fun, and was going to ask him if he was sure, but then another question popped into her mind.

"Wait, so if you guys were big and all, I mean... what happened?"

                            __________________________________________________

Floyd sighs.

"A fight happened," he explains. "It was mostly between John Dory, Spruce, and Clay. Spruce and Clay were getting tired of John Dory telling them what to do for the 'Perfect Family Harmony,' so they all quit. And I haven't seen any of them since."