Surprise

A/N: Anonymous request on Tumblr :)

                            __________________________________________________

"Hey, Branch? It's almost showtime, I was just thinking that maybe we could..."

The Pop Queen cut off her own question with an enormous gasp.

"WHHHHHAAAAAAT?!?!"

It was simply impossible for her to believe the sight in front of her. Granted, she knew some of what she would find when she ventured backstage to find her boyfriend. She knew of his brothers, and of how they were the sensational boyband known as BroZone. But what she did not at all anticipate were the four other Trolls who made up the other insanely popular boyband that there had been back in the day.

And, recalling that that band had had five members - and seeing that her boyfriend was costumed to the same chic style they were wearing at that moment - it suddenly all made sense in a whirlwind of revelation.

"Kismet?" she exclaimed in a squeak, pointing a shaky hand at Branch. "You were in BroZone AND Kismet? And you... didn't... tell me?!" She shot her gaze at the brothers. "Guys, did you know about this?"

They hurriedly denied.

"I'm just as surprised as you are, Pops," John Dory admitted.

"Not a clue," Bruce answered.

"Nope," Clay said, putting his hands up and taking a couple steps back, while Floyd replied with a mystified "Uh-uh," and a small shake of his head.

At this point, Poppy wasn't even sure how she was still able to keep standing there - she was trembling so much from the excitement building up inside of her, she was just about ready to collapse!

Branch himself shrugged, keeping collected. "Surprise," he chuckled.

Poppy couldn't help herself anymore. Forgetting about everything but being filled with happiness - and not being able to coherently form any other sentences - she rushed forward and threw her arms around Branch's neck, screaming in delight. Then, she rushed to hug each of his friends, taking Hype, Ablaze, Boom, and Trickee off guard with her uncontained enthusiasm and bone-crushing embrace. And then still, she leapt over towards JD, Bruce, Clay, and Floyd, hugging them for good measure, too!

Hype shook his blue head with a smirk. "Well, that's some girl you got there, Branch!" he exclaimed.

"And this is some sneaky secret-keeping boyband-extraordinaire boyfriend I've got!!" Poppy shouted, finding her voice again and nearly dizzying all nine men with all her jumping up-and-down on the spot. And now that she was speaking again, she couldn't seem to stop! The words tumbled out of her a hundred miles a minute.

"This is incredible! I really really REALLY can't believe this! I'm so excited I could SCREAM! I think I will scream! AAAIIYYIII!!! Okay, okay, I'm done now. No, just kidding, I'm actually not. AHGHGH! I'm not gonna be over this for, like, a SUPER long time! I, like, REALLY need all of your autographs, too. Ooo! And a picture! Well, more like a dozen pictures with you guys. And then I'm gonna need copies! And then copies of the copies!! And... and... would it be weird if I fainted right now? Because I totally feel like I'm gonna faint right now, hehe!"

And she did. Expended, she keeled over with that ear-to-ear smile still plastered on her face. Branch caught her right before she fell to the ground, and carried her in his arms.

"I'll be back in a sec," he said to his friends and brothers, smirking at the Pop Queen. "I'm gonna get her situated in the front row. Then we can get this show rolling, alright?"

And that's just what he did, leaving Kismet and BroZone to themselves.

Both boybands looked at each other awkwardly, not sure what to say to each other. At least, until Floyd broke the ice, smiling politely.

"So... how did you guys meet Branch?"

                            __________________________________________________
A/N: Can you believe it's been a month since the movie came out? 😮