Remember

A/N: Requested by rainmelody on Tumblr :)

                            __________________________________________________

Dear Diary,

It's been a pretty quiet evening at home so far, and I guess there's a few reasons for that. For one, I guess it's no secret that I'm the quietest among my brothers (they say I should assert myself more, but I find that I can't - it's just the way I am 0.0). Also, my older brothers aren't here at the moment, and the bro that IS here is sleeping on my lap (it's a little hard to write right now, but I can manage). I'm guessing you're probably wondering where exactly my older brothers are. Well, John Dory is out running some errands with Grandma, so they're hitting the grocery store and a few other places (plus, JD DID say he was going to try and get supplies for some new costume ideas he has planned for us and our band, BroZone).

Spruce is out on a date. He ran another one of his competitions, and the winner this time around is a girl named Doreen. I've seen her around town a bit, and she seemed very excited to be able to be with him. As for Spruce... I don't think I could really say the same :( But, regardless, they were heading out to Senior Frosty's. A lot of us like to go down there for some sweet treats (personally, I think Grandma's stuff is the best, but they're okay too ^_^). Spruce's favorite is the Tropical Sunset sundae, which is an ice cream that I think is made from vanilla, with some kind of fruity syrup and chunks of pineapple on top. It sounds pretty tasty, but my personal preference is the strawberry delight (an underrated flavor, but delicious nonetheless!)

Clay headed off to another one of his sad-book club meetings. He's sorta told me about them before, but I'm a little nervous to go to one, if I'm being honest. If it's about sad books like he says, I'm probably gonna be in tears the whole time! I guess I'll just have to make sure that I pack a lot of tissues when I do get the chance to accompany him :)

That leaves me and Branch, like I mentioned before. We had some fun with all kinds of activities around the house.

We frosted some sugar cookies that Grandma had baked earlier in the day (Branch got a little messy with the decorating, but he didn't mind). We played some games (the usual - hide-and-seek, tag... freeze tag) and sang some of our band's songs together. I'm very proud of him. Even though he's only a couple years old, he's got a great falsetto going. Golden! I can tell he's going to be an amazing singer one day, and I can't wait for him to start performing with us. John Dory thinks he's ready, too. A few days ago, he actually suggested that we should start arranging for our first tour. Spruce and Clay agreed, and it's going to be so exciting!

As Floyd tapped his pencil to his chin, pondering what to write down next, the light weight on his lap began to shift. He immediately put his journal down, and watched admiringly as Branch cutely yawned and stretched.

"Hey, Branch," he cooed softly, stroking his brother's delicate little cheek. "Did you have a good nap?"

The baby blinked up at him, rubbing the sleep out of his large blue eyes and grinning his sweet little one-toothed grin. "Uh-huh!"

Floyd chuckled and ruffled his rich blue hair. "That's good."

"What did you do, Floyd?" the small Troll asked curiously.

"Oh, I was just writing in my journal," he said, showing him the book that he'd placed at his side.

"Ohhh," Branch mused, cocking his head. "Can I see it?"

"Sure thing," Floyd replied fondly, opening it up and allowing Branch to flip through the pages.

"I write all kinds of things in here," the magenta-haired Troll explained while the baby stared in wonder. "Ideas, stories, wishes... but do you know what my favorite thing to write about is?"

"What?" Branch asked, his eyes twinkling with interest.

"All the stuff I do with you, and our brothers."

"Wow! Really?"

"Definitely," Floyd answered. "That way, when we want to remember something special, it'll all be right here." He gave him a little side hug that Branch happily leaned into with a giggle. Then, the little blue Trolling thought of something else.

"Do you write songs in there, too?"

Floyd nodded. "Yeah, I do." Then he smirked. "But you know, I've been having a little trouble trying to finish the one I've been working on. Do you want to help me?"

His baby brother's face lit up. "Yeah!"

And, as he and Branch made another cherished memory - harmonizing together and creating wonderful new melodies - Floyd made sure to recall every little detail of their experience so, in that way, he could notate it in his journal for them to always remember.

Brodacious! A BroZone Oneshot Collectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें