In Love

A/N: Based on an idea given to me by chipmunkfanno1love on Tumblr

                            __________________________________________________

"Hmmm..." Viva hummed, taking a step back, and admiring her handiwork so far. "Something's missing..."

She was thinking, and then snapped her fingers. "Ah! I got it! We need barrettes!" The pink Troll rubbed her hands eagerly and giggled. "I'll be right back!" She skipped along to the next room over, leaving Poppy, Branch, and the remainder of BroZone - all decorated with adorable varying styles of braids - sitting in the living room of her sister's pod.

Poppy giggled to herself at how happily her sister had been in giving them new hairstyles. She sighed. "I like Viva," she said, stroking the dutch braid that was now on her head.

"Oh, me and you both, girl," Clay piped up, tossing the crochet braid he had behind his shoulder. "I tell ya, she's cool, and pretty, and, like she says, super fantast-amazing."

Branch raised an eyebrow, forgetting about how silly he might look with his double-braids and instead noting how enthusiastically he was speaking of his girlfriend's sister. "Oh, really?"

"Yes, really!" Clay replied, as though Branch should have known this. "I can't tell you how many times we used to stay up late and swap stories, and read and go over finances..." He sighed fondly. "It was great. She's great."

He spaced out for a second, daydreaming about those gorgeous fuchsia eyes, enhanced with just the perfect touch of makeup, framed by beautiful golden curls... But when he came to, he noticed how his brothers were all eyeing him with knowing smirks.

Clay blinked. "Um... why are you looking at me like that?"

"'Cause you don't like her, Clay," Bruce cooed. "You love her!"

The lime-green Troll blushed. "N-no I don't," he stammered.

"Oh, yes you do," Branch agreed. It was so obvious, especially with how flustered Clay was getting.

"Clay loves Viva! Clay loves Viva!" John Dory laughed, the fishtail braid bouncing on his back.

Poppy giggled along, too. "That is so sweet!" she gushed.

Only Floyd wasn't joining in on the bantering. He timidly stroked on his exquisitely crafted French braid and then cut into the conversation. "Now, now, you guys," he said, "let's lay off of Clay, okay?" He gently patted his lime-green brother on the back.

Clay smiled at him. "Thank you, Floyd."

Floyd gave him a reassuring smile in return. "It's okay to show your sensitive side... especially when you're in love!"

Clay pressed his mouth into a thin line while Poppy and the brothers burst into laughter. "Real slick there, Floyd. Real slick."

"Yeah, that was a good one!" John Dory laughed. Suddenly, he got up, standing in the middle of the room, back facing towards the others, while he hugged himself, making loud smoochy noises and pretending to be locked in a heated makeout session. "Mmm... OH, Viva! Viva how I love you so! Mwah, mwah, mwah!"

Though, he didn't hear laughter in response. He heard his name being hissed urgently by Clay.

"John Dory!"

JD rolled his eyes. "Can't ya take a joke, Clay? You used to be the 'Fun Boy,' sheesh!" he groaned, turning around, but then getting embarrassed himself, when he saw that King Peppy had entered the room. The old Troll had been intent on not disturbing the bunch and head to the kitchen for a snack, but was unable to help stopping in his tracks upon hearing BroZone's former leader. He was now staring at him with wide eyes.

"Oh! Mister King Peppy, sir! Or, um, Your Highness!" John Dory stuttered. "My bad, I was just pokin' fun at Clay. Did you know he's in love with Viva?"

Clay wailed, dismayed.