Chapter 4

(Val's POV)

Floyd? Isn't that the sensitive one of the band?

Branch gives a look of confusion to John Dory. "What do you mean?"

With a look of worry, John Dory says, "He's in danger, man. I hadn't heard from him since the band broke up. Until I got a letter from him."

As he tells the story of what happened, I stand with Poppy and Branch quietly.

"'Dear John Dory, I'm being held against my will by superstars Velvet and Veneer. Come to Mount Rageous at once and bring our brothers. Love, Floyd.' I didn't know where any of you were, so I went to Mount Rageous alone."

"Mount Rageous? I've never heard of that place," I say.

"It's different from what we're used to," John Dory responds. "I found where this Velvet and Veneer were performing that night. And there, I also found Floyd. He was trapped inside a bottle made out of diamond. But the only way to break it is by singing the perfect family harmony."

Branch looks down in worry while muttering, "Floyd."

Poppy steps forward. "So, you came here to get the band back together and sing the perfect family harmony."

"Yeah," John Dory says, crossing his arms and smiling.

"Oh, yeah. So we can attempt to sing something we've only tried once and failed so miserably at that we broke up and never talked to each other again," Branch retorts.

"We're so in!" Poppy jumps into the air with enthusiasm.

"What?" Branch asks. He quickly takes Poppy aside to say something to her. "Uh...Could you give us a second?"

As the two take a few steps away, I glance at John Dory and nod in his direction, acknowledging his presence. And to that, he does the same with his supposedly charming boy band smile.

I inhale sharply and quickly look back at Branch and Poppy as they talk.

"Okay, what are you doing?" Branch asks Poppy.

"This is your second chance with your brothers, Branch," Poppy says.

Branch sighs and closes his eyes. "It's not that easy, okay? You don't get it. You don't have any siblings."

"That's my point," Poppy says afterward. "Branch, you are so lucky to have a brother to fight for. I mean, if I had a sister...it would be so perfect. We'd be best friends and we'd teach each other things. We'd never fight, we'd have each other's backs. We wouldn't talk 'cause we'd think all the same thoughts. And everyone would ask us if we're twins, and we'd laugh, and we'd be like, 'Well, not technically'--"

At this point, Poppy was rambling with excitement. So Branch interrupts her by saying, "Poppy..."

Poppy shakes her head to get the thought of having a sister out of her head so she can focus back on the topic. "But...if she was ever in trouble, I would do everything I could to help her. I would show up."

Branch sighs again. "Okay, listen. If there was a brother that I might do this for, and I'm not saying there is...it would be Floyd."

A smile grows on Poppy's face in excitement. "I'm not hearing 'no.'"

I smile as well at the thought of going on another adventure. And this time, it would be to help Branch.

"Yes! Works for me," John Dory says before jumping off the bench.

"BroZone 2.0. BroZone reunion. BroZone, here we bro again. Brozone, where'd they bro? I don't know. We're gonna find them!" Poppy chants.

I chuckle before saying, "I'm surprised you can make up something like that right on the spot."

Just then, everything around us started to shake, causing us all to look around in confusion.

Standing on the ground, John Dory looks up at us. "Hey, looks like our ride's here."

Jumping out of the ground, an armadillo-like recreational vehicle. The vehicle lands right in front of us, its two front legs placed on the bench.

I quickly back up and put my arms out in front of Poppy and Branch in a protective manner.

"Ohh. That's coming out of the deposit," I hear King Gristle say as he looks down at the damage of the carpet.

"Meet Rhonda, y'all. Ain't she a beaut?" John Dory says from on top of the vehicle.

Rhonda pants before roaring in our faces, creating a strong gust of wind that almost blows my flower crown off.

"She's, uh, really something," Branch says with uncertainty from behind me.

As Rhonda makes eye contact with me, she licks my face happily. And doing so left glitter all over me. "Um...does she like me, or something?" I ask, brushing off as much glitter off of me as I can.

John Dory steps in front of Rhonda with a bright smile. "Yeah, she does. Or she's marking you as prey. You can never quite tell with Rhonda."

"Mhm..." I mutter, feeling a bit nervous at the thought. But I doubt being prey is why she got up in my face like that.

"Uh, guys?" King Gristle says to get our attention. "If you don't mind, I really cannot wait another minute to marry this gorgeous specimen." He takes Bridget's hand and kisses it.

The priest steps forward and clears her throat. "I now pronounce you husband and wife."

Without wasting another second, Bridget tackles King Gristle and starts kissing him. The crowd cheers for the happy couple.

I smile at the two.

"Okay, all aboard who's going aboard," John Dory announces as he walks into the vehicle.

"Bye, everybody! We're getting the band back together!" Poppy says in farewell.

After I wave goodbye to the others, I step into Rhonda, with Poppy and Branch following.

"Have an awesome honeymoon!" Poppy shouts the last part to Bridget.

I sit on the couch at the very end of the vehicle. Now relaxed from everything that has happened today, I take off my flower crown and tap it twice. Glitter explodes from the crown, and it transforms back into a single flower, each petal being a different color from the rainbow.

I place the flower in my hair, just behind my ear. At the same time, Rhonda runs out of Bergen Town, and we make our way down the road.

This is going to be the start of another amazing adventure. And I can't wait to see what it has in store for us.