Chapter 7

(Val's POV)

Vacay Island is such a beautiful place. Every building is surprisingly made out of sand and the sunset gives a very calming atmosphere.

Poppy, Branch, Tiny, John Dory, and I walk along the beach while the islanders happily sing with one another.

Vacay islanders:

When you're on a holiday

You can't find the words to say

On an island in the sun

We'll be playin' and havin' fun

And it makes me feel so fine

I can't control my brain.

Getting closer to the shoreline, two birds made out of beach balls fly overhead and sing. One grabs a tropical drink and gives it to Poppy.

Birds:

She call me Mr. Boombastic

Tell me fantastic

Touch me on me back

She says I'm Mr. Ro...Smooth.

We all stop in our tracks when we notice a troll with large purple hair on a surfboard. He rides a wave so gracefully while also singing. That's got to be Spruce.

Spruce:

Sailin'

Takes me away

To where I've always heard it could be

Just a dream and the wind to carry me

And soon I will be free.

I stare at him in utter surprise. I guess I can see why they call him the heartthrob of the band. But regardless, I just saw him a few seconds ago, so I shouldn't be falling for him now.

 But regardless, I just saw him a few seconds ago, so I shouldn't be falling for him now

"Val...Hey, Val!" Poppy says, waving her hand in my face.

I snap out of my daze and look at her. "Yeah?"

"Come on," She says, ushering me to follow her to a restaurant.

That's when I notice Spruce entering that restaurant, with the name of it being "Bruce and Sons." Branch, Tiny, and John Dory are already ahead of us trying to catch up with him.

The inside looks very interesting. Instead of having tables like other restaurants, the place is surrounded by pools.

As we make our way around the many islanders, Spruce is writing down orders on his checkbook.

"Hey, yo, Spruce! Spruce! Hey!" John Dory calls out as he runs over to his brother.

But thinking that it's just another customer, Spruce throws a menu to his face. "Specials are on the back. Don't order the clams. Don't ask why." We follow him to a counter, as he continues to write down orders.