Chapter 12

(Val's POV)

"My--My what?!" Poppy asks in surprise.

"Your sister. Your hermana!" Viva answers excitedly.

"Whoa," Branch mutters as he glances at John Dory.

Still resting in my arms, Tiny says, "Hey, man. Are Val and I the only ones without a long-lost sibling?"

"I suppose so, Tiny," I say to him.

Poppy quickly grabs Viva's face. "What do you mean, we're sisters? How come I have not known about you? I can't believe Dad didn't tell me I have a sister."

"That is so Dad," they both say in unison.

Poppy exclaims with excitement. "I can't believe this. I've always dreamt of having a sister." She then looks over to us. "I was just saying this. Wasn't I just saying this?"

I stare at her in silence, still trying to figure out how this is even possible. There are so many questions running through my head at the moment.

"This means we can plan each other's birthday parties," Poppy says to Viva.

Viva nods. "Yeah! And weddings."

"Yes! My best friend had her wedding, and it went off without a hitch because Val and I were the best maids of honor," Poppy says afterward.

"You'd be the best maid of honor," Viva says.

Poppy gasps and says, "You and Bridget are going to love each other!"

"Oh, my gosh! I'm gonna love her. I love what you love," Viva adds.

Now hand in hand, VIva and Poppy happily run around the many golf courses, leaving me and Tiny with Branch and his brothers.

Viva:

Kaleidoscopic

I'm seein' different when I look at you.

Poppy:

Everything's lookin' bright.

Viva:

No, I can't stop it now

I'm gettin' swept up in a feel-good mood.

Viva, Poppy:

Feelin' I can't deny.

The two of them go about climbing on different statues and dancing with each other.

Poppy:

Now that you're with me, I can finally see

Colors that were up in my mind

Didn't know I was blind.

Viva:

Now that I'm with you, sparks are flyin' loose

Fireworks go off in my brain.

Viva, Poppy:

And I'll never be the same.

I didn't know until I found you

Havin' the time of our lives, it takes two

When I look up, the stars are brighter

Now I know everything's better with you

Ooh-ooh-ooh.

I sit down with Tiny on the ground as this goes on. Even Branch starts singing with his brothers as well.