6/ That's the way I like to buck

⩇1:⩇6

⩇1:⩇6

"What in tarnation..?"

You took in your surroundings and noticed that you were laying down on.. grass? Weren't you in your bed some seconds ago? You looked around the unfamiliar environment , large rose bushes everywhere.

"This ain't Ramshackle dorm.." You stood up and looked around for your hat, but it was nowhere in sight. You were about to go looking for it when you heard panicked voices. 

Curious, you walk torwards the noises, forgetting about your missing hat. The voices seemed to come from a rose bush, it was shaking back and fourth wildly. You tilt your head at the shaking bush that was speaking. Looking closer, you realized that the "red" roses weren't actually red.

"Huh.. Why are your roses painted?" You use your hands to wipe off the red paint, now seeing a nice white rose. "What are you doing!? If we don't paint the roses, the queen will have our heads!" The rose bush yelled.

Wait bushes can't talk.

You walk around the bush and see the ace of hearts and two of clovers. "Uh, why are you paintin' the roses red anyways? They seem just fine as white" You didn't question the fact that they were literal cards.

The two of clovers look at you before speaking "The truth is, we made a mistake and planted the white roses instead of the red ones."

"The queen loves red, if she see's that we planted red, she'll have our heads!"

You opened your mouth to question them before seeing black spots fill your vision. You groan as you start walking backwards before feeling your consciousness drain out.

----

"Gah!" You yell and sit straight up in your bed, immediately looking at your hands too see if the red color was still there, which it was not. You sigh out of relief before looking at the table next to your bed, seeing your hat there safe and sound.

"N/N, N/N!" You look down only to see Grim jumping onto the bed before using his teeth to grab onto your shirt, pulling on it. "I know it's the middle of the night, but I think we've got a visitor. Maybe it's those pesky ghosts again? They just don't know when to quit." You and Grim yawn simultaneously before you get off the bed and put on your slippers.

"Who is it?" You yell as you start walking torwards the door with Grim following you. "It's me, Ace! Just let me in, all right?"

You suspiciously look at the door before opening it, seeing Ace waltz into your room with an odd shaped collar around his neck. "Ace? It's the middle of the night! B-bwah! That collar!" Grim yells out in shock as he looks at his collar.

"I can't go back to Heartslabyul House. I'm joining your dorm. For good." You rub your eyes tiredly before speaking "Wait, wait. Ace you can't just waltz in here with no explanation' of whats goin' on."